Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its unavoidable in my small town with its small parking spaces. Different people driving my W8 Passat.

My wheels have considerable damage to the outter rims from rubbing against the curb or footpath. I took a quick look today, and notice the most outter edge is approx 12mm and almost seems to be a replaceable portion of trim on the wheel? Anybody know about this? May only be specific to the W8, but if this strip is able to be purchased and replaced, well, that would be dandy indeed.

Looking forward to hearing from you if you know this is possible.

Oh. I have repainted my car. It is SO close to looking like the day it drove out of the factory. The wheels with their little bits of outer rim damage kind of stick out now like dogs things.....

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,607 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about the Madras wheels. They come apart, but they do not make the barrel of the rim as a separately available part that I know of. There are companies that can refurbish the curb rash with filler or DIY kits if you are the type.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. Shame. I was hoping there would be a replacement portion that can be pressed on. It looks like alloy for sure but I have only taken a 30 second look. I remember the old days we used to paint mags and skim off a tiny portion on the lathe make them brand new.

·
Registered
26,648 Posts
There are several tires that have built in rim protection, a small rubber bulge right where the rim and tire meets. They will not stop everything, but they help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts