Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fore!
1,565 Posts
Is that offered in the US? Looks like kenwoods european website. You could try PAC audio as an alternative, but you might need to use an IR emitter for that.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've seen those, yes they mount separately fromt he built in controls.

yes, its the eu site, but it seems to me that it would work, i mean, a kenwood is a kenwood, right? and a vw is a vw...

So, I'm just wondering if anyone's even seen this before. it seems like it just came out. I'm sure there's some way to buy it on their site with a credit card...

anyone else seen this or tried it?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true. Arent the B6s CAN, and the B5 are a generation before that, not sure what its described as. So, then the factory steering wheel controls are relayed through the CCM in a B5? Thought maybe it was just a direct wire from the button to the back of the OEM HU...

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
I'm pretty sure the B5 isn't CAN bus, but some years of b5.5 are. when did they start putting CAN in, Paul? 2003?

·
Fore!
1,565 Posts
2002. My 2001.5 is non can bus. SWI-X and other PAC products are advertised as not usable on 2002 and up (except for their can bus model).

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually, yes I have a feeling my 03 might be CAN...they talk about CAN in a informational pdf i downloaded, hmm, now its really complicated if this would ever work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts