Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just wanted to confirm some info I got from a local retailer. I had to buy a harness for my Kenwood when the original had a loose wire. Anyhoo, the new harness I got doesn't have a blue antenna wire. The store said I could just tap the antenna power lead to the remote turn on (amp on/blue-white) wire. Does this sound ok? If not where can I tap or do I need a different harness? Thanks for the help.
Clyde

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
That's correct. IIRC, you don't want to use the ant wire from the harness anyway. I tapped my antennae into the acc (switcheable) power lead off the hu.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would return the harness, sounds like you got the incorrect one. You may be able to use the remote amp turn on but I would check it works as you expect/need before cutting or crimping. You can also do as R36Dreams suggests, the blue ant wire performs nearly the same function, although usually just when the "tuner" mode is selected, I think.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to clarify, the harness I replaced is the one that goes into the HU. It is not the adapter harness that plugs into the car's harness. I will most likely try the amp on and see how it goes. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts