Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I joined back in July but thought I'd finally tell everyone a little about myself.

I'm 33 and work in the IT field in Dallas and my love afffair with VW started back in 1996. I took my best friend at the time to Park Cities VW in Dallas to buy her first new car. It was a Jetta GL 2.0L 5-speed. From the first test drive I was hooked and was always jealous of her!

Ten years later, I buy MY first VW...It was fate. I went looking for a Jetta, drove a 2001, HATED how small they had become compared to the '96, and that's when I saw her...

Sitting on the other side of the lot was this beautiful, somewhat neglected, 2002 Passat GLS 1.8T Tip with 33k miles for the same price as the 2001 Jetta. Talk about love at first sight! The color caught me first...Shadow Blue. Beautifully dark and stands out in a sea of mostly silver cars out there now! The previous owner had taken good care of her but just couldn't parallel park worth a crap because all 4 wheel covers were scratched to hell. (I bought it at night and was a little too enthralled to notice this tiny detail)

This was August 2006 and I am just now at a point to really give her the attention she deserves. Paint is beautiful, except for a few nicks that will be fixed. Headlights are going to be restored. New Monster Mats to replace the paper thin factory mats that have all ripped out of their tie-downs. Interior looks brand new! I'm getting her back to showroom condition before I even think about mods, although wheels will probably be #1.

I was thrilled to find this forum and I hope I will contribute as much as I will take away! Before pics will be posted soon to track my progress!

· Registered
5,045 Posts
Awesome! Welcome fellow DFW GLS owner/IT guru! I wish you luck on your restoration efforts (if you need anything PM me, I do wonders with Zaino). You'll probably see me around, as I'm everywhere all the time. Don't be afraid to honk and wave!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.