Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Couldn't you just sell the spoiler? And I'd rather keep the horizontal slats and fogs... is that possible?

Do you mean the chrome moldings? Then yes, of course!

Looks sweet, Jimmy! (can I call you that? :lol: )

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I say keep the moldings, it would look weird IMHO without em. Also, it would be nice if there was a version for us fog light guys! :thumbup:

-Wapptor

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
I think the front moldings are needed if you have them in the rear. So unless you guys have a fully smoothed rear as well, I say keep the moldings. Will it still accept our Euro moldings or are you molding the "trim strip" into the whole bumper?

Scott

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Mouldings need to stay but something needs to tie the left and right mouldings together. They look odd floating out there by themselves.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Id say keep the moldings, but make sure they are the same size as the stock ones so if people want to use the euro trim or keep the reflectors and stuff thats still possible :thumbup:
So im guessing since you are asking about the moldings it is going to me a full front bumper??? Its about item there was a full front for the B5.5 available :lol:
Any price estimates yet???

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Jesstzn said:
Mouldings need to stay but something needs to tie the left and right mouldings together. They look odd floating out there by themselves.
Thats how they are on the stock bumper, but a little more IN the bumper rather then ON.
After seeing that p-chop of w/o the moldings, they def need to stay on :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
The more i look at that picture, the more i want that bumper, i hope its reasonably priced :roll:
Man I have been wanting this Bumper since Joe (Boeserblick) posted the spy pics. :thumbup:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HvyDrnkr23 said:
James you guys should seriously think about molding the grill into the bumper as well. That would truly be a one peice front bumper and be sooooo clean. :thumbup:
we thought about the grill.. however there are screws under the grill that go into the core support.. we have thought about making the grill slimmer in terms of the contact areas with the bumper.. that way it'll be a smoother transition...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.