Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at pictures and it i am worried that the Dove Grey is to light of a color (from the pics it almost looks white). I noticed that Katzkin has a Silver color, which seems like it would go well with the main color of black. So if anyone has a pics of:
Black/Dove Grey or Black/Silver or either of the insert colors please post some pics.
I am planning on ordering the leather this weekend so the sooner the better
TIA
Jordan

·
Registered
298 Posts
I seen material for both colors. The dove grey only looks white in the picture. The actual color of the leather itself is more darker. It will definitely look awesome with the black leather. As for the silver color, it looks very cheesy and synthetic. It has a shiny texture to it making it look like glittery vinyl. I know it looks comparable to the dove grey, colorwise, in the picture but the actual leather itself looks horrible. Definetly go with the dove grey leather. If you really want, go to autoleathers.com and ask them to send you samples of their leather. They were kind enough to do so with me. But in my honest opinion, definetly go with the dove grey inserts over the silver. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I agree with PapaPrem, go with Dove grey. I've seen both colors on Passats in Car shows and I didn't like the way the silver looked. The Silver inserts reminded me of those Alien costumes, you know the ones with Big heads and shiny silver capes. :crazy:

Or you can get dark grey Suede inserts like me 8)

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PapaPrem that is the exact answer i was looking for, i wasnt sure if the dove grey was to light and you answered that and i wasnt sure if the silver was to shinry and u answered that aslo, i will be ordering my Black/Dove Grey later today
Thanx so much
Jordan

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
FastPassat: is that cloth door trim? I thought katzkin's came with door trim, or maybe i just can't see.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Glad to help, Jordan. Enjoy the leather seats. Black with Dove Grey inserts are definetly a headturner. If I could just offer you one suggestion, might as well go with contrasting door trims and handles. For example, if your handle is black, then get dove grey door inserts. I seen one car with it and it really looks eye-catching (in a good way). But theres nothing wrong with complete matching too. Good luck! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing