Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

just came across this site while finding out information on replacing my fog light bulbs in my 2001.5 Passat. There is some useful info here and I will try out a few more of the posted suggestions. I am really interested in that tiptronic mod (sports mode etc.). Questions: If I don't have a VAG-COM, can I go to some auto dealer and have the tip mod done? Any suggested place around DC? I want to replace my fog bulbs with sylvania CB bulbs....is the part # for the replacement bulbs 9003CB? I went to an Auto store and picked up H7CB - which was suggested by the store's computers, but I think it is the low beam bulbs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Hey Kareem,

The fogs you want should be H3, as long as it's H3 55W, you're good to go.

As for the vag-com, i'm not sure if a dealer will do it, but if you post in the general forum, a local member might be able to help you out.

Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx julianfang,

i bought 2 bulbs from Pep boys, A1C brand. Ever heard of them? They had the 'blue' bulbs I was looking for (even though they dont seem quite blue to me...maybe have to get a better look). They are 55w bulbs too. Sylvania does not appear to have those enhanced bulbs only the OEM replacements.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to post pics within a forum. How do I do this without using an external link? Do they have to be on an external web server or can I just upload the graphic files to this server? Excuse my ignorance, just want to share pics of my passat :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics of the "Golden One"

Here are long awaited pics of our b5.5.

[ img]http://ord.waxedfruit.com/b5/goldenpassat/passat 1.jpg[/img ]
[ img]http://ord.waxedfruit.com/b5/goldenpassat/passat2.jpg[/img ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts