Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, name's Kara & live in Nova Scotia, wondering if there's any other maritimers on here?

I drive a green 2000 4motion V6, just picked it up a little over a month ago. Low kms and originally from the states then brought down to Alberta then I Bought it from a guy in Halifax for cheap. Don't have a lot of mods as I'm on a college budget

you can follow me on instagram @karanicolee & also a member on CO if anyone else is. anyways hopefully meet some of you and maybe see some at MVOC this june :) cheers!

·
You can call me Marlboro
408 Posts
Welcome to the madness ! nice :b5: you got there :thumbup:

I too am on a college budget :( but we do what we can with what we got right !?

keep us updated with any coming up mods :thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! & exactly ;) trying to get the small\inexpensive but noticable things done first. just so it doesn't seem like "mom\dad's car"

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
On a budget? Keep tabs on the classifieds here and VWvortex and AudiZine. If you find the right bits at the right price (and jump on them before someone else), you'll save yourself some cash. Be patient and persistent.

·
Registered
688 Posts
You'll have to rack up 25 posts first. Car looks good, unfortunately I don't know how often you'll find locals to Nova Scotia on the classifieds but you'll definitely find some great deals there. The vwvortex classifieds sees more traffic but in the Canadian section you'll have to sift through tons of MkIV and MkIII crap to find stuff for our :b5: and :b55:

·
You can call me Marlboro
408 Posts
thanks! & exactly ;) trying to get the small\inexpensive but noticable things done first. just so it doesn't seem like "mom\dad's car"
Exactly how I felt (my parents owned the car before me) and i didn't want to feel like i was driving their car anymore ... one thing lead to another .. and another .. and another until it lead to what it is today! budget builds do suck but like others have said look out for the deals as there are some out there to be had!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
badgeless grille arrived this morning at my bf's house, I'll be putting it on the car after work. also the car wouldn't start this morning, I posted in the b5 section what happened if anyone has some suggestions or help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's the badgeless grille, it was just plain plastic so sprayed some black bedliner on it and looks 110x better. downside...the car still doesn't run :(

·
You can call me Marlboro
408 Posts
Did you end up figuring out why the car wasn't running??

:thumbup: for the badgeless grill. All my MKIV friends are jealous I don't have a notch in my hood :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, figured out what the problem was, really stupid but the gas I put in it must have been bad, filled up a jerrycan of supreme and filled the car up and eventually ran :lol:
updates, took the car around Cabot Trail rally that CO set up a few weeks ago. a good 700km drive over two days, was the only passat there of course but here's some pics

going to get better rims and buy some coilovers in the spring, not going to bother with them right now as its too close to winter

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Looks like the VW events I've attended. Me and maybe one other Passat and the rest mostly hatchbacks. Looks like it was a fun time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Nice... the Cabot Trail is a great drive. I wish I had taken my old B5 on it when I drove it a few years ago. Instead I had a crappy Nissan Sentra rental. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update: she's in winter mode now that we finally have some snow and cold temps here in NS. picked up some GTI huffs last weekend that I got for a really good price, little bit scratched up but that can polished out. can't wait until spring now to have some rims that I actually like! :thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks!

Updates & pictures: Finally swapped out the ugly halo/euro lights that were on the car when I got it for some stock lights. Now on the hunt for either clear or amber corners, both flex pipes replaced the other day, & gti huffs/detroits on the car! is anyone else on here going to MVOC in Moncton this year?

really leaning towards clear corners :thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updates! Bought some cheap FK springs back in June before to lower the car a bit. Got them installed and I'm pretty impressed at the way they've settled over the past few months. Recently traded the huffs for 17" monoblocks they're going to be my project for the winter. Going to be polishing the lips and striping the paint (maybe color matching the center) not exactly sure yet

Before & After

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
The new wheels are a definite improvement. I suggest stripping them and then polishing them.

Is your nail polish the same as the "4?"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts