Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i get the k04-15 sport..and install it with my giac 1.1 bar chip meant for my stock k03 sport.will it work?

if i need more fuel can i just get a higher FPR...and if so what kind of FPR

You think it will run probelm free? cuz i just might do it if i can

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
It will work but you will not get all the power that is available with KO4 programming. By putting in FPR that has higher pressure will not help. You will still run rich when in no boost and lean when under boost. The maps have to be changed by the programming in order to have optimal fuel/air ratios.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I concur with Boris. I ran the K04-15 (E04-15 since Eurospec modified a K03 housing with a 04-15 internal compressor vane). In any case, I also had the 1.1 bar ECU for about a month and while the turbo whine was more prononuced, there wasn't any noticable power that was added.

When PC16 programming was flashed in, there was a significant difference in torque.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
is it really only for the B5's? If that's so, then read some of Rusty's posts on his homepage. You could probably get a great deal of boost using a mechanical boost controller and rising rate fuel pressure regulator. It takes some patience, testing, and learning. Be sure you have a vag-com and a boost gauge to log fuel mixture. You don't want to run to rich or to lean. By adjusting a boost controller, and rising rate FPR, you should have no problem getting perfect mixtures. I may be wrong, so someone chyme in if I missed anything.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
aldolicious77 said:
BUT none for the :b5: 5.5 ...its all for the :b5: 's

I emailed Neuspeed and they said their super K04 will work on my car. The kit's software will work on my 2002 1.8 so they should have a program for yours.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
B5V6 said:
... By adjusting a boost controller, and rising rate FPR, you should have no problem getting perfect mixtures. I may be wrong, so someone chyme in if I missed anything.
"Chyme..." :lol:

You missed about a year. I've had this setup for about a year now and I'm still working on perfect mixtures... (vision of the 4 mechanics ROFLtheirAO - "You want it WHEN?") - ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

But seriously, it does take some patience. And of course every time I get "perfect mixtures", I add something else that upsets the balance...

But even more seriously, for the B5.5 this should be a lot easier. The DBW cars have a lot of advantages built-in to the ECU programming. A simple boost controller does a lot, w/o larger injectors, FPR's or anything. The DBW can deliver enough fuel for about 15 lbs boost as-is. If you go more than that, you need to clamp the MAP sensor to avoid limp mode and you may need more fuel. (Disclaimer: I have no hands on experience with a DBW car. This is heresay from browsing the Vortex 1.8T forum. Research before you mod.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.