Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't think a k04 will be very efficient above ~24psi

Torque looks nice but I would've expected a little better too :/ I always thought the k04s with bolt-ons put down around 215whp.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No, 24 PSI would be a spike around 2500-3000 RPM. After that, the turbo just couldn't supply enough air to pressurize the manifold to 24 PSI.
Correct, boost spike to 24psi. Whatever max psi the turbo gets to, the dyno records.

I don't think a k04 will be very efficient above ~24psi
It isn't.

Torque looks nice but I would've expected a little better too :/ I always thought the k04s with bolt-ons put down around 215whp.
I expected better too. I think heat soak came into play here as the dyno is over an hour drive away from my house. I got there and they strapped it down and started doing pulls. That K04 setup wasn't cheap and I should've bought the current GT30 setup I'm currently running a long time ago. Makes over 400whp which is just ridiculous out on the road, love it though.;)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
What kind of dyno is this? I'm surprised people comparing from one dyno to another on totally different days.

Can you give some #'s from other cars that you've seen on the same dyno?

ps. Nice #'s regardless :thumbup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What kind of dyno is this? I'm surprised people comparing from one dyno to another on totally different days.

Can you give some #'s from other cars that you've seen on the same dyno?

ps. Nice #'s regardless :thumbup:

This was done here on an AWD Mustang Dyno. ]

Thanks for the compliment, no matter how old-news this dyno of mine is.:)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts