1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max Boost: 24.2 psi
Max Power: 192 hp
Max Torque: 261 Ft/Lb

I've never done this before, but I'd do it again. It was pretty darn exciting!:Yikes:

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
got a run down engine mods, numbers look real good i would have expected more than 200 at the wheels but with torque like that who cares about the hp.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got a run down engine mods, numbers look real good i would have expected more than 200 at the wheels but with torque like that who cares about the hp.
Yeah, I think I agree with you. I was really hoping to put down 200 at the wheels, but I was happy with the torque.
Engine mods are:
K04-015
GIAC PC-16 file
Genisis 315cc injectors
3 Bar FPR
ECS lightweight crank pulley
EVOMS intake w/ ITG filter
APR TIP/TBP
Custom FMIC using a Garrett core
Bailey DV w/ Forge cold side relocate
Turbo back exhaust (Evolution Racewerks TP, Techtonics DP and exhaust)
Boost Valve MBC
...and that's it, I think.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got my pc16, I got a couple more things to do be for I hit the Dyno! Hope I get the tourqe numbers the hp i'll be happy for 200, I tightened the waste gate a little more then the factory had it

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in MN everyone is doing e85, Helps huge cooling down intake charge throw some more timing at it! So tempting 1fish2fish is running it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I think I agree with you. I was really hoping to put down 200 at the wheels, but I was happy with the torque.
Engine mods are:
K04-015
GIAC PC-16 file
Genisis 315cc injectors
3 Bar FPR
ECS lightweight crank pulley
EVOMS intake w/ ITG filter
APR TIP/TBP
Custom FMIC using a Garrett core
Bailey DV w/ Forge cold side relocate
Turbo back exhaust (Evolution Racewerks TP, Techtonics DP and exhaust)
Boost Valve MBC
...and that's it, I think.
What psi you got it at 24? and at 6500 whats it at? Your intake air temps also would be really great also:poke:

Did you guys let it cool down between pulls? Could of been heat soaked makes a good diffence 10whp

·
Registered
140 Posts
can i ask how many psi it was before u added the MBC and also why u use a MBC?
Me too cause I got mine done with the stock inter-cooler I was seeing over 20 spike when now I'm seeing 16 across the board I checked vacuum lines and all looks good I'm putting the front mount in in 2 days, I hope this will solve the problem with a leak If I got one

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can i ask how many psi it was before u added the MBC and also why u use a MBC?
Me too cause I got mine done with the stock inter-cooler I was seeing over 20 spike when now I'm seeing 16 across the board I checked vacuum lines and all looks good I'm putting the front mount in in 2 days, I hope this will solve the problem with a leak If I got one
I was getting about max 16-17 psi before the MBC and that amount of boost would hold strong for a while before tapering off in the upper RPM band.

The first reason I chose to run the MBC was for more boost(thus, more hp and torqe). It did exactly as I planned, with the only downside being the boost tapers off much quicker than before.

I haven't found a similar 4cyl setup in my town that can get me from a roll yet. :cool: The torque feels really nice and comes on strong. I don't know if I would recommend a MBC with a K04, its just one of those "to each his own" type of situations. In case you're wondering, I run it in parallel with the
N75 valve, not bypassed.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
No, 24 PSI would be a spike around 2500-3000 RPM. After that, the turbo just couldn't supply enough air to pressurize the manifold to 24 PSI.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts