Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

K04 Owners... New GIAC Programming for 310cc/min Injectors!

3K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  passaturbonium 
#1 ·
I found out that GIAC has a custom program for the K04 AEB that is made for 310cc/min injectors and a 3-bar FPR. Garrett found another 30ft/lb of torque in there... that's close to 300ft/lb!

Anyone know where to get 310cc/min injectors and how much they'll run? The FPR is the easy part.

#3 ·
Um....um... after spending close to 2 grand on suspension components.. Now I'll have to sell my son into child labor.

I have the 252 cc injectors, I wonder if it would work for those?

#5 ·
Anyone know for sure what the filename is? The PC16 file Rusty has posted is an older file from what I have been told. Clark from Audiworld ran it a few years back, it was from the Pes 310/K04 Kit they offered. Is it for 30A decoder boards?

I want the latest files, I have 4 versions of 310 programming with different programming/timing boost, even a Race gas program.

It would be nice to have this on the dyno in a month

TJ

#7 ·
Rusty,

I inquired to some of my contacts about that file and that's what I was told, it could possibly be inaccurate, but I want to try it either way :) Jem has the same car setup as I have, if he loves the chip...it would be a good start...My 310 experiences have been good but during enrichment it stumbles then smooths out. Do we know the bar rating of the program?

TJ

#9 ·
Spanky McGee said:
ChkYaHead said:
Um....um... after spending close to 2 grand on suspension components.. Now I'll have to sell my son into child labor.

I have the 252 cc injectors, I wonder if it would work for those?
Why would you think software written for 310s would work properly with 252s? :weirdo:
Hey, I was hoping.... Besides, alot of time some buffers are built into the software. So maybe the software is optimized for 310's but would still work ok with 252's. Can't hurt to ask.

#12 ·
VaRiX said:
I found out that GIAC has a custom program for the K04 AEB that is made for 310cc/min injectors and a 3-bar FPR. Garrett found another 30ft/lb of torque in there... that's close to 300ft/lb!

Anyone know where to get 310cc/min injectors and how much they'll run? The FPR is the easy part.
Can you elaborate more on this? I'm currently running PC-16.01. Is there a "newer" one than this????? I have an adjustable FPR so 3 bar isn't an issue.

#13 ·
Herman,
How do you like the pc16 file? The one thing I miss from the k03 files is the heavy timing and aggressive pickup early...not to be confused with lag...my last K03 chip before I went K04 felt like it ran s#$%tloads of timing early..The midrange to redline is real nice and better on the 310 KO4 files , but I hear this file is stout down low and better suited to daily power and "autocross" style driving?
With the fmic what are you seeing for boost at WOT in say 3rd at 4500-5000?

Thanks, now that spring is here I will be around.....winter bums me out in CT the car stays parked for the most part :)

TJ

#14 ·
------TJ------ said:
Herman,
How do you like the pc16 file? The one thing I miss from the k03 files is the heavy timing and aggressive pickup early...not to be confused with lag...my last K03 chip before I went K04 felt like it ran s#$%tloads of timing early..The midrange to redline is real nice and better on the 310 KO4 files , but I hear this file is stout down low and better suited to daily power and "autocross" style driving?
With the fmic what are you seeing for boost at WOT in say 3rd at 4500-5000?

Thanks, now that spring is here I will be around.....winter bums me out in CT the car stays parked for the most part :)

TJ
Where in CT are you???

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#16 ·
TJ: PC16 had a "broader" power curve than the "Autocross" program I started off with, which I seem to recall as PK16 or something like that. PK16 seemed to have gobs of torque right at 3000 and then quickly tapered down.

I never did get the final dyno so I don't reacall the spec. The only one I got was early on in the testing:

The lower set of lines was my K03 GIAC chip.

#21 ·
Now I'm a little confused. I found some Ford/Bosch Red top injectors (30lb) online but they're rated at 30lb/hr at 3bar. Are these the same injectors as the 310cc/min ones you mention at 4bar?

If you had the normal K04 chip, programming, FMIC and stock 210 injectors, did you feel the difference with the new setup?

How is the power delivery? On my K04 setup, it feels a bit uneven and the initial boost spike is pretty high. I'm considering an N75J to try to smooth it out...

#22 ·
------TJ------ said:
Yes we both have fmics and the chips are tuned by garrett with the stock
maf accounting for the larger injectors but 310s(rated @ 4bar) running at 3bar, they come out to 268 roughly.

TJ

Injectors aren't rated at 4 bar. The standard is 3 bar. So when you see 310's 360's 440's 580's, that is the flow at 3 bar and at 100% Duty Cycle. If you want a little more realistic number, divided your injectors by .85 and you will get injector flow at 85% duty cycle.

I called AWE and inquired about a file made for 310's after hearing about Herman having it installed in his car. Mike from AWE told me that he would send me the file. Then a couple days later I called Mike back and asked about it. He told me that he spoke to Garrett at GIAC and Mike was asked by Garrett not to send me the file he has on hand because Garrett wanted to rewrite the file. Well this all happend about 2 months ago. The picture above is the file I received. This file runs perfect on my car. If you want more information I'll try my best to help.

#23 ·
TJ: can't get you the chip. Dynospot actually get's emailed the file because Dynospot has a PROM Burner on the premise so he just burns chips; that's why there no downtime. :)

JEM: ok, so this "new" version of the chip is only a few months old. I've now got something to go on. Thanks. And did you ever get it dyno'd?

#24 ·
No, I am lazy bastard :)

I will get one, but don't know when.

I thought I told you that this file was brand new when we talked about a month ago.

#25 ·
I just opened up my ECM again. It's hard to see but I "believe" my GIAC says the same thing. The thing is, did he "revise" the same program? IF so, , he should of put in something like PC-16.01.03B. I've emailed both Dynospot Racing and GIAC on this since it sounds almost like he rewrote the program w/o revising the revision level, which is normally a no-no.

#26 ·
Jem:
Sorry to appear stupid, I thought they were rated at 4 bar for the Ford applications...as it type this it make more sense, what would be the point of 270 roughly?

Herman:
I have a bunch of chips, I would not mind losing my 310 race gas program, I don't think I will use it all that often, do you think if I send it to them the can program it for me?

AWE was not so helpful the last time I called about updating my GIAC K04 program because I did not buy it there.... :( They wanted 400+ to do it.)

Any help would be appreciated...the 310 custom program guys need to stick together :) :)

I still have to put on my Adj FPR from Juan, but running his Hybrid turbo,
running stupid lean, (14:1 as soon as the boost hit...flat as a table) , on the stock 210s (99 AEB with a 5bar FPR) and 18" Mas wheels.
The car did 178whp 225wtq and it's a TIP so 22% driveline loss to add back. I don't know if this is fuzzy math but it would seem the 7% difference between manual and TIP would put the car at:

190whp 240wtq if this setup was in a manual.

So I really want to try the file you guys like with the proper fueling..and see what it can do..

TJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.