Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last weekend I finally installed my K04. I have been talking with Jeff Moss and we are all set for the tuning this up coming week. He suggested that I get and Audi TT225 MAF and Genesis 380cc injectors. I already have a HF cat, exhaust, exhaust manifold, FMIC and a few other goodies. I also recently did my plugs and fuel filter. Not sure what I am going to be putting out after the tuning but with just the turbo on with the K03 software is made a BIG difference. I will post when I get everything in.

One thing I noticed during the install was that the gasket for the exhaust was way smaller than the outlet of the turbo, I'm guessing a 1/4 inch. I think I will have to get it all gasket match and ported during the summer.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it the cat/turbo gasket being smaller?
Yes, it's smaller that the outlet of the turbo by a lot. I wish I took a picture. It was an OEM gasket so that wasn't it. I figured it would be a bit smaller than the opening but not by that much. It will be getting gasket mathced soon.

I'm a 5 speed B5.5 nstabl and probaly the first to get a K04 into a B5.5. Maybe not though.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Yes, it's smaller that the outlet of the turbo by a lot. I wish I took a picture. It was an OEM gasket so that wasn't it. I figured it would be a bit smaller than the opening but not by that much. It will be getting gasket mathced soon.

I'm a 5 speed B5.5 nstabl and probaly the first to get a K04 into a B5.5. Maybe not though.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. It doesn't hurt to trim them, but these gaskets will burn off and disintegrate when they're subjected to that exhaust flow for a while.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts

Maybe the first manual b5.5...but not the first B5.5...cough cough..:p

The larger MAf and 380 injectors add a fair amount of extra power to the K04 output from what my indy guy tells me. And is my next step of engine upgrades too so go for it!! Should be putting down around 220-230whp with that setup and with what you already have....:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
what kinda software are you gonna do? I know that you have the AWM engine, which is what I have also (B5.5 02 with manual as well). So, some information on the software/file you are using would be great.

-Matt

·
Registered
396 Posts
If Jeff were interested, I imagine he could sell the resulting file to other AWM owners who miss the K04 feeling they had in their old AEB....

Seriously, a detailed hardware list and this tuning would answer a lot of people's needs.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
If Jeff were interested, I imagine he could sell the resulting file to other AWM owners who miss the K04 feeling they had in their old AEB....

Seriously, a detailed hardware list and this tuning would answer a lot of people's needs.
I would be down for an AWM K04 file :)

·
13,138 Posts
what kinda software are you gonna do? I know that you have the AWM engine, which is what I have also (B5.5 02 with manual as well). So, some information on the software/file you are using would be great.

-Matt
Jeff Moss of the Torque Factory is doing a custom GIAC file for him, which will hopefully put into production in the near future :)

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
this could very well seal the deal on my B5.5 upgrade...i'll have to stay tuned!! (get it?! stay...tuned!!!) :p

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
subscribed.... I have plans to go that route... sometime, hopefully in the near future. 02(AWM) Tip here.

Good luck with the tuning Zack :thumbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
The flie will be relased soon. It should work in other AWM motors as well. I will be testing it at High Altitude soon. Well as soon as my car gets back from the body shop.

This is great news for the B5.5 people who have been after GIAC K04 software for quite some time.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, everyone wants to be like me. First it's the CF hood and now this. Will it ever end :D

I will keep everyone posted. I am all set to have it tuned this coming Wednesday. I'm all set to make the 300 mile 5 hour trip. I am going to tape the front of the car on Tuesday and head out at the but crack of dawn. Expect to hear back around 8-9 PST.

·
13,138 Posts
Damn, everyone wants to be like me. First it's the CF hood and now this. Will it ever end :D

I will keep everyone posted. I am all set to have it tuned this coming Wednesday. I'm all set to make the 300 mile 5 hour trip. I am going to tape the front of the car on Tuesday and head out at the but crack of dawn. Expect to hear back around 8-9 PST.
James and Julian had the CF hoods first :poke: :p :lol:

Ill be awaiting your update...i will have just finished Finals a few hours before so Tuesday should be a great day :lol:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts