Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thank you ctheodores!

BTW - the SFLGTG #16 was unbelievable - Passats were well-repped, but the air-coolers really came out in force this year and it was such a pleasure to see so many. We had around 600 cars total...quite a showing...with air-cooled, a scattering of Mk IIs & IIIs, tons of Mk IVs and Vs and B5s, a good number of Audis, a few Porsches, and some 'outsider' visitors including BMWs, a Lotus, and some Mitsus, Hondas, and Yotas checking out the gathering.

Check out my gallery from the GTG...there are around 90 pics to browse through:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg/sflgtg16

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Wow - I completely lost track of this forum - somewhere between getting a new computer, going on vacation, and not really spending as much time online with forums, I forgot PassatWorld existed. I've been happily driving my 07 wagon for over 5 years, and decided to go ahead and make the move to a new car again, and somehow accidentally bumped into a link for PassatWorld during a Google search. I dug up my old user name and password to try it out, and it still works! Then I found my old member post, which was sitting idle for over 4 years.

Anyway, I'm going to update the first post on the first page with my new car - though the pics will mostly have to follow later as I don't really have any yet, other than a few quick snaps when I took delivery. My new car is a 2013 CC VR6 4Motion Executive, in Reflex Silver with black leather:

And a parting pic of my 07 VR6 4mo wagon, with the CC right behind it (and a Passat behind that):

Once I get the chance to go out and shoot some nice shots of the car over the next week or so, I'll come back here and update that first post with the new pics. And this time, I'll try to remember this board exists!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ha, I got an email when you updated this thread ... I haven't posted much here lately either, but mostly cuz I don't drive a Passat anymore. Gorgeous purchase you have there (although, I still like the color of your wagon more); I've always liked the CCs. They look even better now that they finally revised those tail lights.

:sleep:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Funny, I didn't get any update e-mails from this forum, even though I had a PM in my profile from December 2011! Probably my e-mail acct wasn't updated or linked.

What are you driving now, BTW?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Since you take such great photos, I probably subscribed to this thread, hence the emails. I've been in a 2005 B6 S4 since February '09. I only just got some wheels for it last weekend. I hope to get tires mounted and everything done up by this weekend.

:sleep:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Nice ride. I was a bit tempted to actually hold on for another few months and see the '13 Allroad, but in the end I couldn't wait any longer and I'm sure the Allroad will be well above the CC's price once I add all the possible options.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Some bit of humor in looking back to this thread again - my last post in 2012 having just bought the new 2013 CC Exec was that I almost held off and considered a 2013 Allroad, but they were above my price point.

Fast-forward to October 2015, and I've traded the CC in after 3 1/2 happy years and no problems, and bought.......a 2015 Audi Allroad Premium Plus Quattro. I guess that thought just never left my mind, and I admit I was really wanting to get back to a wagon again. So, just to update and since I am not currently a Passat owner now I may have to be banished from the site until future purchases...here are a few pics of the new ride:

Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
You can stay, it's just a fancy B8 Passat 4MO! Were the fender available painted? I know a few select colors had painted fenders, but at least they blend well with the black paint. Any plans to lower it to a normal wagon height? I've seen one lowered and it looked sweet, just like a wide-body A4.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
My member post now updated on the first page and first post with my latest car - I traded the Allroad which gave me 4 great years for a new 19 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line, which I love so far! Since my 03 W8 I've been in love with wagons and hatches, and other than my brief excursion with the CC which was a lovely car but I missed having the utility, I got back into wagons with the Allroad, and then the Arteon which looks more like a sedan profile, but with that giant hatch has as much room as my Allroad in back, if not more.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts