Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red Rock Las Vegas 9/13...

Cool pic of well, rock, I took out there.:lol:

I debaged the rear too and what a difference it makes. I didn't really know if I wanted to do it but I thought screw it, why not. and it only took me about 25 mins. I just peeled off each letter with a putty knife, then soaked what was left in GooGone and rubbed it off, waxed area couple times and done. no sign of any badge and really cleaned up the rear. I'm sold on de-badging.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You used a putty knife? :nervous: Hmm, different method I guess. I'll assume you didn't scratch the crap out of the paint doing this.:lol:

What's up with the wheels, or lack there of? Those Milan's used to be hot on your car.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, a putty knife...no scratch's on paint what so ever. I made sure I didn't hit the body with it....I just used it to peel off the badges, then i used Goo Gone to get the sticky stuff left behind. It was so easy and took me about 20 mins.

I used to have 19" DPE R06's (not axis wheels)...I sold them about 6 months ago to a guy with an Audi. They just weren't practical for me. I bent the two front wheels within 2 months of having them so I had to order two brand new ones which cost me nearly as much as they did when I bought them used (they were un-repairable from Hub bends) and THEN I had someone start vandalising them in the parking lot of my old work. I kept finding chewing gum stuck all over them. So I figured screw it, too much hassle to have such a nice wheel. So I sold em.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I see, that really sucks! Your car is deserving of something bold, and no offense, but those wheels just don't do it justice. Not trying to rag here but I loved it with those DPE's. I'm surprised they bent. Aren't the roads around Vegas in pretty good shape? Got to be better than the roads in the Seattle area.

·
Registered
778 Posts
nice pictures man.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see, that really sucks! Your car is deserving of something bold, and no offense, but those wheels just don't do it justice. Not trying to rag here but I loved it with those DPE's. I'm surprised they bent. Aren't the roads around Vegas in pretty good shape? Got to be better than the roads in the Seattle area.

Thank, an no offense taken. I do really need to get some decent wheels.
I ran over a 2 inch thick metal slab that was used to cover a hole in the freeway....well it was sticking up too much and I hit it at about 75mph....one of the worse sounds i've ever heard!! lol.

i'll get some pic's of the debadge.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
honestly, your ride could use some bolder wheels, but I'm really digging those ones you got now. Very understated and classy

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol thanks ;

Not sure what's next, trying to get her mechanically sound right now, got some trans issues to sort out before any new mods. Rear Sway probably next though.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trans issues? Is the tip holding up well with the k04?
I guess not, probably my tourq converter is starting to toast. But i'll know more once my indy guy takes the pan off etc and looks inside.:nervous:

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
our tip tranny should easily be able to handle a chipped k04 considering the success of tip owners running superchargers (unless v6 and 1.8t trannies are different). and when i was considering installing one as well, local audi/vw tuner also confirmed the tip was good for 230-240hp...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts