1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good, they're pricing it at the proper exchange rate, without huge markups (though I don't doubt the dealers will try to ream you for the first month). (¥3.4M -> $32746)

It looks awesome in the dark grey color. (Seen some pics from a coworker who had recently been in Japan.)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. That line was kinda fishy...maybe they added more bearings in the turbo...reduce compressor wheel resistance... :p

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the next thing, mang. Screw giant touring car spoilers....we want roofline diffusers!

I have no idea really... :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
jtpassat said:
what is with the bumps with the antenna?

i think that these are called "vortex generators"
"The vortex generator, an innovation in aerodynamics technology and offered as a dealer-fitted accessory, creates small vortices at the trailing end of the roof that reduce drag and increase the downforce generated by the rear-deck spoiler. The generator vanes are finished in the same dark grey as the outer panels of the spoiler."

and in regards to more torque down low despite the enlarged turbine:
"The turbocharger waste gate now uses two solenoids. This optimizes boost pressure control to give more stable torque in the low to mid-range and helps the powerplant to generate class-topping torque of 295ft/lbs at 3,500 rpm."

anyways, i got all that stuff from
http://www.lancer-evo.net/php/evo85.php

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Probably some dumb journalist who heard one thing and typed out another. CadetX's reference has it right. Sounds like only the turbine housing is different though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
Cadet X
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing