Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased my 2004 Passat last night. Its the Silverstone V6 with leather interior, woodgrain, and all the other really cool bells and whistles. The more I drive it the more I love it. I was just in having my 2001 Wolfsburg jetta in for service and decided to take one out for a drive. The dealer made me an offer I could not refuse. I can't believe how smooth it is on the highway. I mean I am up over 100 before I know it. Being a new Passat owner of course I will be making some minor mods like tint, monster mats, but is there anything anyone can suggest for this "newbie"? :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
First off, welcome to Club :b5:

I also traded my 2001 Wolfsburg for a brand new Passat about 4 weeks ago. Huge improvement.

Just a word of caution... asking this crew about 'mod suggestions' is like putting a gun in your mouth.

Stick around, you'll catch the fever. You're wallet will hate you soon enough. There's so many kool mods for these cars, that it's impossible to keep up (unless you have unlimited money).

First thing I'd suggest is a new suspension kit and bigger wheels.
I had my car for 3 days and re-did the entire stereo ($2K).
2 weeks later it was new 18" BBS wheels and tires (another $3K)
Now I'm looking at lowering springs and new dampers (another $1K).

I thought the car was nice when I first brought it home... then I got hooked on Club B5.
I'm like a friggen mod junkie now...

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mods for the newbie

Thanks, after spending about an hour checking the site out, I see what you mean!! I think my first mods will be similar to yours, I am looking at 18's as well. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
:thumbup: Congrats on the new car !

Make sure you have the wheel lock key in your car somewhere. Most people find out the hard way that it's not there. (Should be in the tool kit).
Keep a close eye on your oil level. Most V6s use at least a quart in the first 5000 miles. Some use a quart every 1000 miles, but that's another story.

Consider doing your own oil changes. The plastic lower engine cover is difficult to replace correctly after an oil change and most places, (including the VW dealers) will lose the fasteners and the thing will eventually fall off.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
congrats on the purchase...

but you already had your unbroken in car over 100mph...? :(

first mods:

Supsension kit, monster mats, wheels, ECU chip, TipChip, W8 BiXenons, and some tint... that should get you started, then you can get on to the real stuff... :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Make sure when you order the Monsters you get the ones with the proper (OVAL) locks.

"overpriced" is relative to what you think they are worth. I love my monsters so I don't regret the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.