Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Despite the snowstorm over the weekend here in NE Ohio, which dumped over 15" in my driveway, I picked up my beautiful Silver 05 Passat Sedan on Saturday - what an awesome car!!! It's a TDI, I LOVE the diesel, it drives like a dream and is gorgeous to look at. Glad to be among you! See you later.

Willowgirl

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Welcome to the club ... and to the family (godfather music in the background). Definitely post pics...I haven't seen what the new babies look like yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. Be sure to post some pics.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Be the first to have a chipped TDI! TDI forum may have some sources. You can get some awesome torque numbers and better mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
willowgirl said:
Hey everyone,

Despite the snowstorm over the weekend here in NE Ohio, which dumped over 15" in my driveway, I picked up my beautiful Silver 05 Passat Sedan on Saturday - what an awesome car!!! It's a TDI, I LOVE the diesel, it drives like a dream and is gorgeous to look at. Glad to be among you! See you later.

Willowgirl
Congrats! I also recently purchased a 2005 TDI Passat and withinn the next two weeks, should have a new Jetta TDI. I like the diesel very much although my car has a few rattles that they can't seem to repair. It is going back today for the third time. :nervous: How did you come up with the name willowgirl?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi tdisedanman, the way i came up with the name is by poetic imagination - willow trees were sacred to my celtic ancestors, they're lovely and balletic, and i'm a girl... so, that's how. hope your rattles get fixed - so far, mine's tight as a nut...

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Welcome!

Just a word of warning, avoid people like me who have "... Seller" titles. We just take your money and leave you with a :D !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ONE8T said:
Be the first to have a chipped TDI! TDI forum may have some sources. You can get some awesome torque numbers and better mileage.
Hi ONE8T, we're almost neighbors... i live in stow! anyway, as for chipping... not very likely, but i might consider other non-performance mods; if i'm right a chip is for more power, right? i might consider putting europlates on it and it could be lowered a bit - there's a ton of room between the tires and wheelwells; we'll see... i would like better mileage, though - the diesel should help out there quite a bit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spanky McGee said:
of course they all mean post pics of you, not the car. we all know what a passat looks like by now.

;)
hey spanky, clever... no pics tho - mystery is soooo much more intriguing, don't you think? ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts