Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I first got interest in the 1.8t through an audi A4 I had. I was hooked on the turbo motor. been searching for a couple of years for the right car... and money. So when I was really ready all my audi choices sucked... and kept sucking unless I wanted to travel 2-3 hours to get one. My wife kept telling me to look at a Passat... and we did. I knew audi made vw cars and the car we looked at had that 1.8t peep to it but it was missing the all wheel drive. Never thought passats came in all wheel drive, 4Motion, which is all I wanted in a car, all wheel drive and the 1.8t. Well, I found the perfect project car. A 2003 Passat 4Motion that blew out the timing belt. I want to build one of those 500+hp motors and now is my chance. I just bought the Passat and am going to have it towed home in the next couple of days. I have that Audi A4 still with a good head that I can put on the Passat....... OR I just bought an AEB head and an AEB intake that I was going to put on a separate motor that I want to build. But, I think I'm going to go ahead and use the AEB head. My main goal is to have a stroker. Plus I'm about to put a deposit on a set of aluminum rods made by Pauter. I'm going to test out the life of aluminum rods for a sleeper daily driver. I read a rumor where the life of aluminum connecting rods isn't long... which is false. Anyways...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts