Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that anyone cares, but the GLI is getting some love this weekend, here's what's on the list:

H&R Sport cup kit
H&R Lower Front 22mm sway bar
H&R Lower Rear 28mm sway bar
Nuespeed Upper front tie bar
Yarrowsport Rear upper tie bar
Rear fog light kit

Any pointers would be great, although a friend is helping who as done the cup kit a few times in the MK4.

Going to be a busy sunday and it all needs to be done before 6 so I can watch the Pats stomp the Colts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure you get it all done (http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230002) and don't leave it on jack stands ;)

Sounds like a good weekend ahead
Nice. Since I don't have a garage and I'm in New England where it's supposed to be 30 degrees for a high, I'm using a friends garage. I could leave it there for as long as I want, but with selling the W8 on saturday that means we won't have a car.

Leaves me no option but to git er' done. :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. Since I don't have a garage and I'm in New England where it's supposed to be 30 degrees for a high, I'm using a friends garage. I could leave it there for as long as I want, but with selling the W8 on saturday that means we won't have a car.

Leaves me no option but to git er' done. :thumbup:
Holy she-at, what a pain in the a55. Struts and springs took maybe 2 hours, messed around with the rear sway for 3+ hours. H & R's directions are horrible. Finaly got it in were we though it was correct, and put the car down, drove a few miles and it started rubbing on the passenger side spring. Said the hell with it because I had to start drinking to watch the pats game.

It's at a shop today to get the rear adjusted properly and get the front sway installed. It was fun, but frustrating, wish HR did some better documentation for the rear sway. Just a warning to all of you...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the obligatory pics request
Don't have any after or during pics...i'm to anal to touch my digital camera with dirty hands :crazy:

I'll take some after pics when i get the car back tonight, maybe tomorrow if it's too dark out. To hold you over here's a couple before pic of 4x4 mode...

with snows 15":

with stock 17":

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
Nice. If I could find 16" steelies for my B5.5, I'd be sporting the same look.

Good job

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Handles better now with my snows then it did with the old suspension and my summers. Weird thing is seems to have less traction when starting from a stop, but that could jus tbe from cold hard rubber since it was about 15 degrees this morning :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts