Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Passat with a 1.8 liter turbo automatic transmission. I had a transmission problem replaced it now the card doesn't move through the shifting, what is the problem needing help

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just exchanged the transmission in the car and it will not go anywhere through shifting. Is that usual if the new transmission is bad

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Kind of hard to understand your problem so far. "... Not go anywhere through shifting" doesn't make sense to me, so perhaps explain a bit more clearly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I meant to say is that once you start the car then you put it into each gear the car doesn't move. That is what I was told by the mechanic. I don't know if there is a miscommunication between TCU and transmission and I don't know why the gears don't engage

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
You need to provide a lot more info, including:
1. Why did you replace it, what were the symptoms with the old transmission ?
2. Do the numbers on the transmission exactly match the original ?
3. Is the ATF at the correct level ?
(Was it checked with the car level, the engine running, and the ATF at the correct temp)
4. Was the TC properly engaged with transmission before installation ?
5. Does the mechanic know anything about Passats ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced it because the original one was leaking fluid out the front seal, it's still ran and went through the gears but it just leaking fluid second I don't know about the numbers on the replacement cuz I never saw it just purchased it and had it delivered. 3rd I was not there and I do not know about the ATF level. 4th I don't know if it was properly engaged it work with a leaking transmission.5 The mechanic said he knew about passats when I asked him

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I called and asked about the transmission that I purchased I told her that it was the DDT Type transmission and what year did I had

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I wish that I'd known you needed trans work. Riverside Transmission is the place in the inland empire as far as I'm concerned. Very fair people, we have our company vehicles transmission work done there, and several times when I could have been convinced that a trans rebuild was necessary, they diagnose something comparatively minor and charge just for that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is Monday and i have gone to repair shop and now the no moving wagon had been sent back to my home. I'll look into it myself. I Have bad tranny and replacement now..... hope for easy and quick solution

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay I got the car home I ran the engine for about 20 minutes while the car was on jack stands and I checked the fluid level of all the transmission was still cold. Before I open it up I check the connections and they were proper. Next when I open up the fuel hole about two quarts maybe three of fluid came out don't know if it was synthetic or regular transmission fluid.
Then I hooked up my code reader OBD2 and I got back these codes:
A/T

SRS

ENG

The old tranny numbers 0282289, 1060 0300 13 ddt
The replacement numbers 0096334, 1060 0300 13 dd

Hi then cleared all codes

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now, certain questions have arose... does non-synthetic transmission fluid cause it not to run properly or at all. Once you replace the transmission how do you reset the TCU, or does it have to be done some other way... I have 60 more days to get this fixed or I lost out on the transmission replacement

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
I don't know if that transmission is compatible.

The ATF must meet the VW specs., and must be topped up with the car level, engine RUNNING, and the ATF at about 35 - 40 degrees C.

A/T
00268 - Ross-Tech Wiki
00268 - Solenoid Valve 6 (N93): Open or Short to Ground
00266 - Solenoid Valve 5 (N92): Open or Short to Ground
00300 - Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor (G93) - Implausible Signal
00526 - Brake Light Switch (F): Circuit Malfunction

SRS
00532 - Supply Voltage B+: Signal too Low
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Front Passenger Side (N200)
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Front Passenger Side (N200): Resistance too High
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Front Passenger Side (N200): Resistance too Low
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Front Passenger Side (N200): Short to positive
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Front Passenger Side (N200): Short to ground

ENG
18010/P1602/005634 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low

Those codes indicate that you may have a wiring problem and/or a blown fuse.

From the minimal info provided I am not able to offer more help, other than to check with the guy that ylwagon suggested.
It probably would have been easier to repair the original transmission.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The wagon was running when i opened fill spot. .wagon was running 20 min or so tranny was still chill to touch. I believe all those codes was from me disconnecting the tranny plugs while wagon engine running.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was searching for another cars and just found Maybe another wagon that just needs engine mine been rebuilt and it seems promising because my car has a salvage title on it and the donor car is free and clean pink slip. The cars are 2000s one or sedan and the other 1 a wagon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts