Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2004 Honda Pilot EX-L...

i really like driving this thing... we looked at the Touaregs, but they don't offer the 3rd row, and they approach 40K for the V6 with options... :nervous:

We got this for around $31K... plan to add the side steps and a few other misc things... like maybe some 17" rims for her, but still keep the big rubbers... probably 255/60 on there... wanna maintain that nice ride...

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I hear that V6 is pretty damn good. So good that Saturn uses them in the Vues.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Good choice! Probably the same thing I'd get if I couldn't swing a Touareg too. :thumbup: I've always thought Pilots looked handsome- kinda like Japanese Range Rovers (rear doors, etc) or something...

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of a co-worker's MDX but the Pilots seem much better. The story of Honda's always fogging-up was certainly the case the one time we went skiing a couple winters ago. The entire 3-hr drive we had to keep the automatic-AC going because it wouldn't stay clear inside.

But...I doubt you'll have to deal with that stuff where you are. 31k too, wow, sounds like a steal.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Congrats. Got one for my wife about 10 months ago (2003 Model). A very nice vehicle. Got through the winter fantastically. Unless they have made some changes, a word of caution...the finish on simulated metallic trim pieces on the door and center console panels can and will scratch off if you're not careful. Keys in hand, rings, seat belt buckles are the main culprits.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GonnaBe1 said:
Congrats. Got one for my wife about 10 months ago (2003 Model). A very nice vehicle. Got through the winter fantastically. Unless they have made some changes, a word of caution...the finish on simulated metallic trim pieces on the door and center console panels can and will scratch off if you're not careful. Keys in hand, rings, seat belt buckles are the main culprits.
thanks for the heads up... i'll have to keep my eye on this area...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
Honda makes some tough engines...

Maybe GM will make a turn towards reliabilty with these engines... :wink:
The inline 6 in my Trailblazer has been good to me... Now the bushings in the front suspension are another story... :mad: 24K miles and I am about to have them replaced a second time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.