Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I just purchased Neuspeed's front sway bar! You guys have any comments on it?

Pro's or Con's

I hope I just didnt waste my money!!!

Let me know

Richard

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only ordered yhe front for now, because of money, I am going to order the rear in the next 2 weeks!

What is under steer?????? Sorry this is my first car!!! Still a little new to some things!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't install the front if you don't have the rear one. Wait 'til you get it. You will understeer, it's gonna be crazy.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Did you order from the GB that S_Klass is putting together? He probably could've saved you a couple of bucks too!

·
Registered
493 Posts
djskribble705 said:
what if i put on both front and rear sway bars?

That is what i was planning!!!
That will be fine, just do both at once, or if you only have time to install one, make sure it's the rear.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yeah, what they^ said. If I was you, I'd cancel that order and order a rear bar. You don't even need a front bar for our cars. They understeer anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
wst said:
Yeah, what they^ said. If I was you, I'd cancel that order and order a rear bar. You don't even need a front bar for our cars. They understeer anyway.
SO TRUE!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well becuase of money I am going to put the front one on first then in about 2 weeks i will put on the rear!!

By the way what is under stear

·
Registered
206 Posts
See if you can exchange it for the rear. That way you can install it right away and decide if you want the front later.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
"Understeer", also known as "push", and "dammit, why won't the car turn?", happens when a vehicle doesn't turn as quickly as the angle of the front wheels would suggest. Turning the steering wheel further just makes the tires slip more. An understeering vehicle wants to point to the outside of a turn, plowing ahead instead of where the wheels are aimed.

"Oversteer", AKA "loose", or "OH S*&T!", is when the vehicle wants to turn too far, with the back end sliding around and, in extreme cases, trying to pass the front. An oversteering vehicle feels like it's about to spin, and frequently does if the driver isn't skilled enough to "catch" it.

An easy way to remember the difference is that Understeer is when you see what you're about to hit through the windshield, but Oversteer means you see it in the mirrors...

·
Registered
310 Posts
djskribble705 said:
I only ordered yhe front for now, because of money, I am going to order the rear in the next 2 weeks!

What is under steer?????? Sorry this is my first car!!! Still a little new to some things!!
Understeer is when you turn at high speed and your car has a tendency to push on the front wheels and coutinue straight. Many front wheel drive cars have those characteristics.

Oversteer is when the rear of the car breaks traction in a hard turn tries to spin out. On most rear wheel drive cars you can induce this by stomping on the gas inside the turn or lifting off the gas in the turn.

The whole idea is to make your car neutral, or I prefer it with just a little oversteer. That helps to control a 4 wheel drift while exiting the turns.

Alex

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
ksdesq
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing