Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the best things I have ever done to a car. The power increase is sick, I cannot beleive that I am able to acheive all those gains with a chip. Sure beats tunning my aircooled ghia w/duals on it. kelly was the nicest person to deal with, I highly reccommend Wett for their chip. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
My boy has a KO4 turbo plus upgrade in his audi TT and he has an exhaust, intercooler, short shift, and it really isnt that fast surprisingly. He just bought an R32 and thats quicker then the TT with all the aftermarket stuff, you know what that means...bye bye TT-hello turbo upgrade by hpamotorsports.com. 3.2 zero to sixty should finally be satisfying

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
congrats! the chip defiantely ranks high on the performance/cost ratio. i just got my GIAC chip, and it works wonders 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had the wett chip for about a month and have been very happy. I just put in a new n75 j valve and it made a big difference. I really recommend getting it to compliment the new chip. For $75 its very worth it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I still have my new TT DV (225 hp) to put on my car. Now I think I need the N75 J, where can I get a N75 J? Dealer? I still have my stock DV and for the past months I get a lot of surge like power when I get the boost. I have a 2001.5 and a GIAC chip.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
j valve

Looks like I am going to be working some OT to afford a new DV and J valve. Please let me know which is the best and most cost effective DV. Thanks

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
With the Wett chip, what is the earliest you have extra torque - does it start under 2400 rpm? If so, maybe a chip would help my commute mileage...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RPM

I would say it kicks in around closer to 3000, feel free to chime in if anyone's is different. According to wett it increases gas mileage 3-4 gallons. I am not sure about the milage, because it is so much fun to drive again I keep digging into it and racing like I am teenager again. It really makes you enjoy driving the car again. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
ganseg said:
With the Wett chip, what is the earliest you have extra torque - does it start under 2400 rpm? If so, maybe a chip would help my commute mileage...
Wett program provides more torque even before the turbo spools. You can feel the extra power from the start. However, when turbo starts spooling, you can feel even more power available through out the rpm.

In lower gears (1st & 2nd) you can feel the added torque from about 2K rpm and it gets even better all the way up to about 5.2K rpm.
On 3rd & 4th, you'll feel the extra power around 2.4K rpm to 5.2K, but the sweet spot around 3.2k to 5.2k rpms.

Even at 2K rpm in 5th gear cruising, there is added torque since I can maintain or slowly accelerate speed going inclining hill on the freeway.

If you now add, N75-J valve with wett chip, you get even smoother and more torque from 2K rpm all the way to redline.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've had my Wett chip ~ 8 months and couldn't be happier...Wett all the way. Wetterauer...it's in Indiana.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
Michael T Borelli
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing