Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Just in accident, now there's no "beep" when I loc

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DrivinAJetta 
#1 ·
Just in accident, now there's no "beep" when I lock!

I was recently in an accident where I ran into the back of someone else. Ever since the accident, and even after the repairs were completed, whenever I lock the car with the remote, it will lock the doors and flash the lights, but the confirmation "beep" no longer occurs. I thought initially it was due to the fact that the hood was pushed up in the wreck and the car thought it was still open, but now that it closes properly, it still doesn't work.

I tested the horn and alarm and they both work fine. Anyone have any ideas? The body shop says to take it to the dealer and insurance will cover it if they can prove it is accident related. I was hoping to avoid that trouble.

Any input on what I can do to check/fix it myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

#2 ·
But the alarm arms? :???: Does the red LED by the driver's door lock go on?
Most likely due to a door lock (or hood latch) actuator failure.

Also, there is a setting you can change with a VAG-COM for the confirmation beep.

#3 ·
Well the most like cause is if they disconnected the battery you may have lost your settings. Someone with a VAG tool (or dealer) can help you reprogram that. Did you loose any other setting like auto door lock or so?

#5 ·
Everything works fine except that confirmation "beep" >>>

when I lock the car with the remote. It's been this way since the accident, not since the repairs. So, I think something got either disconnected or a switch broke that tells the alarm if the hood is open or not.

#6 ·
The horn for the alarm is in a different location then the horn at the steering wheel. Did you test that horn?

In my old car, when I got in a car accident, the horn had to be replaced because the diaphram inside the horn got messed up from the impact.

#7 ·
I bet the sensor in the hood is broken .. I was in a tither over the same thing .. Display doesn't say anything is ajar but my hood was not latched. It should be covered under the insurance. The body shop prolly doesn't even know it exists.

#8 ·
IIRC,
The "horn" for your alarm is actually located on the driver side of the car, right about where the rear passenger's head would be.

Perhaps it came loose or disconnected from the impact?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.