Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to give a brief story and my experience as well as a slight gore pic

Anyhow after almost 20 years of wearing glasses I decided I had enough when I could not find my glasses and I am pretty much blind without them. I believe my prescription was somewhere in the -10 range in one eye and -13 in the other. My eyes were very bad. With much research I decided I'd call my insurance for information on a discount however they would not apply this discount to just anyone and I could not find the places they recommended in the phone book which kinda concerned me...its my eyes after all

With that in mind I went to Kremer Laser Eye Center in Cherry Hill, NJ
the staff was very friendly and tended to my concerns. The surgery itself was only mildly uncomfortable and lasted less then 20 minutes. Today the day after surgery I have the best noncorrected vision I can remember and despite some swelling I can honestly say this is the best and most expensive 20 minutes I have ever spent money on. If you have bad eyes you owe it to yourself to investigate this

Here is my day after pic complete with some broken blood vessels in the eyes some people have hinted I look rather crazy in this pic hence the name :)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jandskauffman/crazy.jpg

Any questions? feel free to ask I know i was scared prior to getting it done and now I can honestly say I'm glad i did

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwil said:
look, there's even a Z28Driver smiley: :shock:
didnt i have a smiley before :suspicio:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
that's funny, I was going to start a post to see how many people have had this done. I am sick of my contacts but my vision relative to yours isn't that bad. I'm about -2.5 or so, but I have astigamtism so I can't read crap without my contacts.

did you get the lasik where it's bladeless?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had to get traditional lasik however the blade itself was not very painful...they just make a small flap and pull it up. I also had an astigmatism and supposedly its all corrected now...the longer the day goes on the more happy I am with it. Funny thing for me is that i have repeatedly tried to push the glasses (which are no longer there) up on my nose. Its nice to be able to see

·
Registered
811 Posts
Way to go, Z!. I had it 3 years ago and I couldn't be happier. I could not tolerate contacts and had bad astigmatism. Glasses were such a PITA.

Being able to wake up and see, and so many other things make it priceless for me.

Only side effect is a slight halo effect at night. Not bad, but I notice it.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Dude whats up with the white stuff on the lip? Makes me wonder how you really did pay for this? :eek:h: :lol: :poke:

Seriously though congrates on the proceedure. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flippped said:
Dude whats up with the white stuff on the lip?
glare and you'll die for the comment :mad:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Congrats!!! I had my lasik done about 4 years ago. I had the older lasik. Now they have this custom lasik, did you get that? Its supposed to help with the night halo's and glares. Now a days... maybe due to age (I just turned 29), my eyes don't do as well at night. I sometimes wear antiglare lenses for my computer work and night driving outside of citylights. My left eye is still 20/20 but my right eye went from a +.25 after the lasik to now +.75. So, I have a pair of glasses with just my right lens having a prescription for the slight farsightedness and astigmatism. During the day my eyes are AWESOME! I also had to repair a detached retina in my right eye before this lasik, so that may have thew off my lasik a bit.

Do you know what your prescription is now? Make sure you keep using those eye drops as recommended.

Kevin

PS: I LOVE not having to wear glasses anymore for normal every day use. :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mr.PassatMan,

I heard they have this new laser lasik that uses a laser to cut the flap, instead of a blade. This may allow you to get it done. Check into that.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
So, Z28 how is the vision now 10 days after? Any side effects? Do you still find yourself pushing your glasses up your nose or adjusting them even though they aren't there?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VdubTX said:
So, Z28 how is the vision now 10 days after? Any side effects? Do you still find yourself pushing your glasses up your nose or adjusting them even though they aren't there?
haha yes after 20 years I find it hard to stop expecting my glasses to fog up when i get in the shower, push them up on my nose and not having any trouble laying in bed while watching TV

I saw the doctor friday and was told my vision is about 20/25 which is very good and it was 20/20 with both eyes used. He says night glares, halos and reading focus will improve as time goes on. Overall I am very happy

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have looked around and have gotten prices ranging from $1800 to $5000! How much was your procedure?

Does ANY insurance cover this yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts