Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up an 03 Passat w/30k miles, 1.8t. I was driving it today, and noticed that I could hear my turbo like blow off, very quietly though, I know its not a BOV, but kind of like the turbo shoving the air into the engine. It sounds great and all, but im just not sure if its the correct sound its supposed to make. I dont have a boost guage, but was wondering when you guys are at like 3k rpm, can you hear your turbo blow off some air?

Also, I have the FK, smoked headlights, when I got home today, I found condensation inside, these headlight are brand new, and I was kind of pissed that they are foggin up already, they werent cheap, I paid 300 for them.

Last question, im picking up some ADR M-Classics, black with a polished lip, they are 19x8.5 with a +35mm offset, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=130034420105&rd=1,1 , I am planning on lowering the car with just springs at first, If I lower the car 1.5inches in the front and rear, will I have any problems?

I have a fresco green b5.5, smoked headlights, bumper lights, and fender blinker lights, The look im going for is to get smoked tail lights, dark tint, black on polished wheels, lower with springs for now, painted lowers all around, catback exaust, and intake, boost guage, and hid's for now, all pretty much cosmetic. I will be going K04 sometime in the spring. I used to have a b5 S4, which was stage 3.

Thanks again for all of the replys

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Acutally your hearing the turbo "spool" up. I hear the first signs of life from my turbo at 3K RPM's.

As far as dropping 1.5" with 19" you should be o.k. but if you have crappy roads then you will bottom out and have some wheel well rubbing. I'd put the rims and tires on first and then measure the wheel gap. Then you will know if your safe to drop 1.5" without wheel well rubbing.

As far as the headlights go, someone on here will be able to answer that. I didn't piss around with mine for the condensation reason alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts