Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
What do you guys think about chipping a car that is under warranty? I mean I've got a 2004 with like 4000 miles on it. I'd love to chip it, but I am terrified that something serious will go wrong with the vehicle and VW will use the chip as an excuse to not cover it.

I assume the first time I took it in for an engine service they would discover the mod and do something that would piss me off.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Ween2004 said:
Just got back from getting chipped at AWE Tuning in Willow Grove, PA. Had the GIAC 1.0 bar chip installed and all I can say is WOW!!!! :D I didn't want to push it too hard right away, so I waited till I got my ticket at the PA Turnpike Tollbooth. Then I hit it! I could feel the tires spinning in first and second and the boost gauge was flying! I guess I need to install a new once since mine only goes to 15 psi (VDO). I got it awhile ago to monitor stock boost. Thanks to Madigan for the great deal. :thumbup: I love my B5!!!!
Got a website for this place?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey i have a v6 and im thinking about getting a p-chip, im also installing a new air filter, is it worth the 200$ or should that be spent else were first? I was also thinking of getting a carbon fiber hood (or trying to get one)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've also got the V6, I put intake on mine and didn't really notice much differents. Then I reworked my exhaust from the cats back using 3 inch pipe. Still didn't notice any diff. When i hooked my car up to the meter, it registered that I was putting 195 to the wheels and 210 in torque. Previous to these mods the meter said I was running 172 to the wheels and 198 torque. Both runs were on the same road, same wheels and tires, same fuel grade, and amount of fuel, and at the same temp. I just recently took my intake off cause I was going to sell my car, WOW, feels really poky. Defenitly tell a differents now! Its alot slower on the interstate, and in town is kind of doggy compaired to before. I have yet to chip mine yet, Cant find three or four days to not have my ecu. Good luck. I would recommend the EVOMS intake it has a real nice design and seems to be very well made.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts