Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from getting chipped at AWE Tuning in Willow Grove, PA. Had the GIAC 1.0 bar chip installed and all I can say is WOW!!!! :D I didn't want to push it too hard right away, so I waited till I got my ticket at the PA Turnpike Tollbooth. Then I hit it! I could feel the tires spinning in first and second and the boost gauge was flying! I guess I need to install a new once since mine only goes to 15 psi (VDO). I got it awhile ago to monitor stock boost. Thanks to Madigan for the great deal. :thumbup: I love my B5!!!!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Wow, A member who only lives 15 minutes from me in PA :shock:

Congrads on the new chip. How long does it take to get to Willow groove?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
gotta love the chip
just don't be like me and think you can get away with anything...
be responsible with your extra 45hp, check your mirrors for popo :lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warped said:
Wow, A member who only lives 15 minutes from me in PA :shock:

Congrads on the new chip. How long does it take to get to Willow groove?
Cool, I am glad I have a member close by for advice if I need it. The trip to AWE in Willow Grove took under an hour.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The single most important thing everyone should do to their Passat is to install a chip. Even if you don't drive aggressively you will enjoy the part throttle response.

I love my Passat when I got it but after installing the GIAC chip I was like damn!!
Then I install the J valve and the TT DV then I have my brother take it out for a drive, he came back and said Fcuk!! All that from a 1.8 four cylinder.

EVERYONE should install chip 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I know the feeling man... It's like unleashing a sleeping beast. I also drove down to Willow Grove from NY to get mine installed and what a difference when driving back home. Felt like a completely different ride...sorry...I meant beast.

Enjoy, and like MERK20T said drive reponsibly.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Enjoy. I also got chipped at AWE. The N75J valve should take care of any surging. Added boost, more linear, better all around driveability.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm pretty sure I got the J Valve for around $69 at Impex (can't remember the website). Do a search on N75J or J Valve. Had the dealer install mine the last time I had my oil change. The advantages of a mod friendly dealer. The last time he drove my car he saw a peak of 17, after the J valve he saw a peak of 20. The only worry I have coming up is limp mode with the warm weather arriving. Spanky has a thread about this currently. May have to get the overboost solution.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meltemie said:
How much did you pay? you have to make appointment?
I purchased the chip in the classifieds here at ClubB5. The installation was $75 and then I paid an additional $50 to get the stock module option. The installation took just over an hour. You definately need to call and make an appointment. I had to wait over two weeks to get in there. One other note. If you have an significant other, maybe you should keep the chip a secret. My girlfriend gave me the "Why would you waste your money on that?" and "Why do you need a faster car?" lines. Women just don't get it, that is unless they are members of ClubB5!

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
ummmm...install cost? they should install it free. they might charge a small fee for the socket if you need it though. if not, you can send it to chip tuners, and they should do it for free, when you buy the chip.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Ween2004 said:
Meltemie said:
How much did you pay? you have to make appointment?
I purchased the chip in the classifieds here at ClubB5. The installation was $75 and then I paid an additional $50 to get the stock module option. The installation took just over an hour. You definately need to call and make an appointment. I had to wait over two weeks to get in there. One other note. If you have an significant other, maybe you should keep the chip a secret. My girlfriend gave me the "Why would you waste your money on that?" and "Why do you need a faster car?" lines. Women just don't get it, that is unless they are members of ClubB5!
Wait till you get married :weirdo:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
20 Participants
Passaton18s
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing