Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from skiing in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I was very impressed. THere is plenty of difficult terrain to offer.

Highly recommended. :D

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
^^^forget those yahoos! :p I for one am jealous as heck! Since I don't ski anymore I'll go in the summer and do some river rafting, and hiking.

tell us more! Did you go to the silver Dollar Bar? :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
jimbob said:
^^^forget those yahoos! :p I for one am jealous as heck! Since I don't ski anymore I'll go in the summer and do some river rafting, and hiking.

tell us more! Did you go to the silver Dollar Bar? :thumbup:
Yeah I'd doubt you'd be saying that once you've eaten one of their famous Burgers. :poke: :wink:

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread. Sounds like you had a great time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last year before the season (02-03) started, SKI magazine ranked their top 100 places to ski. In one of the editorials, the guy said something to the fact:
"it's amazing what's considered to be inbounds. ... tips for visitors: plan on using using twice the protecting if you plan or pursuing any of the locals. Tip for locals, they've invented something called soap!"

i was rollin after that one

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I thought this was going to be a Michael/Janet joke. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hear Jackson is the best for in-bounds backcountry and challenging terrain. Definately going to try it next year. Headed to Steamboat for 1o days beginning Feb. 28th.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FourMoBro said:
... tips for visitors: plan on using using twice the protecting if you plan or pursuing any of the locals. Tip for locals, they've invented something called soap!"
What's soap? An oil additive? What weight should I use on my VW? Any special installation techniques?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, i didnt encounter many smelly locals (they all know how to rip up the slopes however). and no, i didnt try any of those weird foods. Just steak and some hardcore skiing :lol: :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts