Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the new ECU with EMCS stock and 93. WOW, what an amazing little chip. Also got the Key-Com cable yesterday and downloaded the software, and I got two engine faults found on my first diagnostic. I have a 2000 GLS 1.8T with a 5 speed and 53000 miles. Ran chipped to work and home today, for the first time. 70 miles round trip. Stock paper air filter, and stock diverter valve, for now. Here's what vag-com told me:
2 Faults Found
17545- Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System Too Rich
P1137-35-10--- Intermittent

18010- Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage Too Low
P1602-35-10--- Intermittent

That's it. Any input on those faults. Car was not running, but ignition was on. Maybe that explains the voltage. And I plan on getting a K&N soon, maybe that'll help the lean out the richness by adding more air? Thanks for any input. Joe.
Oh, I forgot. Is it possible those faults were not cleared by the last owner. I just bought the ECU with the APR chip about a week ago from another clubb5.com member. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
yes they could be stale. the second code is from disconnecting the ECU, you always get that one.

paper filter is fine, stock dv run till it fails if you'd like.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Scotty. Do you know how I erase faults with the Vag-Com? I would like to do that, and check back later to see if everything is cool.
Also, if memory serves me right, you are an Upsolute rep. up there, aren't you? You should have told me it's becuase of these stinking junk APR chips :lol: . I appreciate the info. Joe.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4, DaddyO. I just had two vacuum lines replaced last Friday at the dealer at the tune of $120, which prompted the (other-half unauthorized) purchase of the vag-com. I also have an EVO diverter valve coming in the mail as we type. Don't know their reputation, but the price was right. Thanks for the tips. Joe.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
When you change your air filter clean your screen!!! most likely it hasn't been cleaned yet, and that might be the reason for the richness (leafs could be in there).

-merk20vt-

p.s. what does the chip sound like? any different from stock?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Joe,
there should be a button on the vag-com when you are reading the engine faults that says "clear faults". Just hit that and its done almost instantly. I am sure that the fuel trim code was an isolated occurance. If you are getting them frequently, it could be the maf sensor going. I just replaced mine after getting CELs caused by misfires and fuel trim. Good luck with your chip. APR makes a good product.

Regards, Ray

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
HarrisburgJoe said:
Thanks, Scotty. Do you know how I erase faults with the Vag-Com? I would like to do that, and check back later to see if everything is cool.
yes when you enter the engine controller and scan codes there is a button to clear codes. also log into the instrument controller and scan for codes there.

before you do this, look at your fuel trims, if they are at +/- 10% then you are ok and its an old code. clearing codes will reset the fuel trims, it will take a bit of driving for them to re-adapt.

HarrisburgJoe said:
Also, if memory serves me right, you are an Upsolute rep. up there, aren't you? You should have told me it's becuase of these stinking junk APR chips :lol: . I appreciate the info. Joe.
HeHe, I don't bash other companies :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
scotty_passat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing