Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just picked up a new 06 3.6 (united gray) for a steal. Not a top of the line (sticker was 30750, got it for 25750). First, VW we ever owned and must say we are impressed by the car and dealer.
First oil/filter change says 5000 miles, I think that is to long to wait for the first one. How difficult is it to change the oil/filter on the 3.6? I normally do this stuff myself, but never attempted it on a VW. Any suggestions?
The power/torque is impressive and build quality seems great. My friend recently bought a 330 BMW and I think this VW is pretty comparative for alot less $.
I look forward to learning about the Passat and sharing experiences.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
IIRC, VW puts some special additives in the oil at the factory so I would wait until 5K miles before chaning the oil.

Welcom to the world of VW. Remember to search PW before aksing questions. Browse the site as there is a lot of information at your finger tips here.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
5k for sure so everything can seat properly.
read the manual about break in period.
good luck with it.
280hp, nice:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Looks like I will wait til 5K and let the dealer do the service. Happy to be part of the VW group. :thumbup:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Picking up that car for $25,750 is a great deal. Enjoy!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Great pick up! I just picked up one 2 days back, w/ dynaudio, HID's. lux package for $27k!!!

I love the 280 hp's!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts