Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 12 years of buying Honda/Acura, I bought my first VW. I never thought much about VW, but since the quality of Honda/Acura has been slowing going south I was forced to look elsewhere. I was really surprised how nice of a ride and how much fun it was to drive with the manual transmission. After 2 weeks of ownership I can say I made the correct decision. My planned mods will be simple. Yesterday I put in the wood trim kit. I want to put in a real leather steering wheel (not just a cheap cover). I also want to lower slightly (just enough to make it look better and get rid of the slightly "floaty" feeling over some bumpy roads, but I want to try to keep the ride quality nice). I like the crome around the windows but not though the middle of the doors. Would like to make it body color. If anyone has any suggestions for this B5.5 newb, I am all ears.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase. the possibilities for your car are endless. i would look at the members sections for tons and tons of ideas. also, the posts about new mods and pics are always helpful for more ideas. you could also check out the information forum for some unique mod instructions and just regular maintnance things

·
Registered
897 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow: i want the 1.8t 4motion sooooooooo bad you are one lucky person :thumbup: welcome to club :b5: :beer:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Congrads and welcome! Your going to go broke if you hang around this site :lol:
Where about in PA are you from? Not many PA people here.
I think H&R has springs for the 4mo.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes... the wallet is at a much greater chance of losing heft by hanging out here. It is in the real fiiiinne print of signing on.

Glad to see a fellow PA Dubber. What part are you from? I am originally from Greensburg/Pittsburgh area.

And wow.. a 1.8T 4-Motion 5-speed..if you would say its a variant.. it would hurt my heart :eek:

Good purchase. Welcome to the forum. Search around, learn much! No dumb questions, just dumb people.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Central PA near Harrisburg. Small world...I am originally from Greensburg PA. HAHS graduate of 1987.

BTW, I have the sedan version.

I actually got the first 1.8T 4motion manual transmission that my dealer ever got. It arrived on a Friday and put money down in the next Monday. Not even that I was looking for one, just had good timing. Luckily it was in a color that I liked.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ah Welcome. This is probably the best board I have been on and everyone's always willing to help. Glad we found another driver!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I know what you mean. I went from many years of Japanese cars (Mitsubishi, Mazda, you name it) to my VW and never regretted it. I'm the driver they found.

The 1.8T 4mo just came out fairly recently, at most a few weeks time. You're actually one of the first 1.8T 4mo owners of ClubB5 I reckon. Welcome to the Club, and enjoy the "Another Day, Another Mod" enthusiasm here!

FYI I'm considering a 1.8T 4mo trade in currently too, from my current '99 V6 FWD.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
:beer: :thumbup: :b5:

BIG WELCOME into the volkswagen community :lol:

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
Welcome to the club. congrats on your new car. FYI there's a group buy on neuspeed springs...not sure if there's something for your car in there, but they're $155 shipped which is about a hundred less than retail from neuspeed before shipping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to you and me. I picked up my 1.8T 5M 4Motion WAGON last Thursday night. Blue Graphite w/lt. Gray leatherette. This is sick, I'm already looking at chips (actually started doing that about 3 weeks ago :crazy: although I won't install one till there's 10k on the clock.) And wheel/tire upgrades, lowered suspension. Geez, I'm 45 yo, I shouldn't be doing this at my age :lol:

This sight will be detrimental to our wallets. :nervous:

MikeB.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lowering suspension on a 4motion? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Anyone ever raise a suspension here or is that just too Dukes of Hazzard?
Congrats on your new rides and rub it in, people!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts