Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, car was done today (80,000 check up) already did the spark plugs, cabin and air filter myself. Anywho... told them not to do certain things, BS jobs! SPECIFICALLY NOT THE TIRE BALLANCE/ROTATE! Told them I was gonna do that in 2 weeks when I put on my rims. Come back and sure enough I was charged $75 for the shit I TOLD THEM 3 TIMES NOT TO DO! Even $3 for washer fluid! :mad: Obviosly arguing doesn't change my predicament, so I tell them "I hope your happy with riping off a broke college student" and was out! -GOD BLESS THEM,Sorry but had to Vent! This isn't the first dealer rip off is it?(sarcasm! :suspicio: )
I feel like they flipped me over and did me dry, when I was screaming for lube! :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
that will be the most expensive $75 they EVER earned. not only will they never have your business again, but hopefully people who read this post will not go there either. plus, if this happens to you enough at various dealers as it happened to me, you won't be buying another VW.

By the way, I just got paid $100 by Arnold Advertising who does all of VWs advertising.. I got paid $100 to tell them what a piece of crap my VW was and that I would have bought another one had they not treated me AWFULLY at the dealers.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna get the rest of the work done ealse where, thought I should of gone to the dealer for the check-up. :crazy:

·
Registered
902 Posts
You shouldn't of payed it. You told them not to do it. They did it anyway. Are they denying that you told this too them? So what that they did the work. That is there fault and you should not have to pay for it.

Fight the man dude!!!!

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I ran into that once with a GM dealer .. now when I go in for anything more than an oil change .. eg the 20K service I copy the page from the manual and hi-lite the things I want them to do and we both have a copy .. Its a pain in the ass but the washer fluid $3 alone paid for it.

I even have them do a walkaround the car with me and I point out the *lack* of dings/scratches, how clean the engine/ interior is and what options that are there like tha antenna .

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Jesstzn said:
I ran into that once with a GM dealer .. now when I go in for anything more than an oil change .. eg the 20K service I copy the page from the manual and hi-lite the things I want them to do and we both have a copy ..
that sounds like a good idea. leaves no room for error.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
last time i went to my dealer . i put a sticker covering the OBD2 tconnector , and another on the steering wheel saying " do not run diagnostic tools on this car and dont replace anything else than the wheel well liner "
it was in for the wheel liner recall.
I was afraid they would reprogram my chip as some people were reporting that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Curry
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing