Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, changed the bulbs and what a pain in the butt! knuckles are ripped to shreads. on a better note, the bulbs are great!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
the driver's side isn't too bad. it's the passenger's side... :rolleye:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Feilo said:
What is a 57i kit, mijnheer?
A 57i kit is a K&N open filter kit for the 1.8T Passat & A4. You will have to remove the airbox, so it is easy to install the passenger side lightbulbs.

Any dutch relations??

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
dutch-mountains said:
That's a relieve, I don't have them. Maybe it is a quality difference between osram and silvania?
I've heard differences in the lumens output between the two but not much conclusive on the longevity.

Disabled DRLs gave me 12 months till 1 of my Silverstars gave up the ghost.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
From what i have read the Osrams last nearly twice as long as the Sylvanias...

I have only had my Osrams for 6 months or so, but they are still going strong :lol:

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. The light output and color is solid, but they don't last very long. I've been pushing a set of Hoen XenonMatch H3's and PIAA Extreme White Plus H7's for the last 15 months and knock on wood they are holding tight. Even the Phillips BlueVisions H7's I ran on my old V6 4Motion which I sold to my cousin are still holding tight after 3 years.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got them because they were the only H7 bulb in town..one of my stockers died so I need new ones.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In April it will be 2 years with my first set of Sylvania Silverstars. No problems here (DRLs disabled).

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
traubenberg said:
Not if you disable DRLs!
I second that statement. After burning through my second pair of silverstars, I pulled my DRL's and have been fine ever since.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts