Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Just broke the plastic handle oil level Passat 2003 B5.5 AWM engine?

948 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  axenstar 
#1 ·
The plastic broke and I just had an old change but big leaks on the Turbo unit so I cannot go by the amount of oil unless through it out and replacing this new oil with another new batch.

Could someone that owns a Passat as mine above just go and measure the distance from the very end of the OIL STICK to the bottom of the plastic handle so I can make one in the lather and rivet it on the metal Oil Stick I have?

I appreciate the effort since I do not think I will be able to get a new one easily and old ones at the JunkYard are difficult to find and the plastic will be cooked and old as mine was.

You are welcome to measure from any other point that can accomplish my need as long as you tell me how did you measure it. (From where to where)

Thanks

#8 ·
there is an extra port (allen wrench/plug), on top of oil filter housing , opposite of the standard OEM horizontal port which faces the engine firewall, easiest way to remove is to snake wrench down between intake manifold runners. I suggest solid state transducer style ,makes routing easier and no mess if line breaks or cracks.

#12 ·
What I did with my 98 AEB, which had oil pressure issue, is I drained the oil, poured 5 quart of kerosene in the crankcase through the dipstick, let it sit overnight and drained.
Because the pickup screen was submerged in kerosene, the stuff was dislodged. When I drained, all sorts of crap came out. (The previous owner had used gasketmaker on the oil pan.
Oil pressure restored for sometime but eventually I had to replace the oil pump as it was shot due to 200.000 abuse it took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.