Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally broke down and bought a Vag-com. I figured I'd to it right and get one directly from Ross-Tech that works, rather than getting some cheap knockoff and a software license.

I've played around with Vag-Com a little bit, mainly just scanning codes etc. I figure if I'm going to be switching my turbo soon (on the Jetta, the Passat has no turbo!) I better figure out how to use this tool. Slapping all the parts and sofware on the car rarely works perfect without some tweaking.

I got the serial port one instead of the USB one, this computer is a little older and the price was a little cheaper.

I feel like I'm going to have to learn VW's all over agian. I'm fluent in the mechanicals of them, now it's time to learn some software stuff. Wish me luck!

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
ok, good luck and have fun! since you're putting on a turbo, if you have a me7, you can use lemmiwinks to adjust some trims. beware that it can cause serious engine damage if not used correctly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used lemmiwinks before to make a few small changes. After I put the Eurojet Race FMIC on I bumped timing a few degrees since my intake temps were no longer through the roof. Gave a nice increase. Also adjusted the idle up a little bit to make up for the hard motor mounts, and got rid of the speed govoner.

Glad I bought the serial port one since it's a pain to run lemmiwinks with the USB one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts