Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poped my fuse twice today while putting it to charge.

This little thing is a awesome toy but if you dont take your time to insert it completely straigh into the lighter adapter it will pop your fuse.

the base of it is too wide ..

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is interesting and may be the first occurence. What year passat do you have?

I have a 2001 and had the torch flashlight since July/August and have never blown a fuse. I also leave it plugged in all the time.

Mike

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i just got my flashlight about 3 weeks ago and i have had no problems with it at all. It fits perfectly and charges fine. no fuse blowing and no worries, maybe you got a defective one. do u have a b5 or 5.5

BTW '02 W8

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got my flashlight about 3 weeks ago and i have had no problems with it at all. It fits perfectly and charges fine. no fuse blowing and no worries, maybe you got a defective one. do u have a b5 or 5.5
B5 and unless your cigarette lighter adapter is different than mine you shuold have problems . the flashlight is not defective , it is just not a tight fit on my adapter . the base ends up touching both positive and negative leads if I dont insert it carefully.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I have a B5.5 and was one of the first to get it from Liberty and have been using this thing for like 9 months or something and no problems at all. Used it a ton of times during the blackout - pushed it in, pulled it out recharged it a few dozens times and all is well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hernandez3011 said:
Sorry, whats the torch flashlight for anyway? Other than lightting a little?
I'm with you. I see the GB for the flashlight in the GB forum and think to myself you guys are paying $40 bucks for a dinky flashlight to keep in the car and are pleased about that?
Sure, it's cool. Sure, I'd love to have one... but $34 + shipping? I got a penlight in a drawer somewhere I'll toss in the glovebox thank you very much. Does that count as a mod? What if I attach it to the visor? 8)

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm with you. I see the GB for the flashlight in the GB forum and think to myself you guys are paying $40 bucks for a dinky flashlight to keep in the car and are pleased about that?
Sure, it's cool. Sure, I'd love to have one... but $34 + shipping? I got a penlight in a drawer somewhere I'll toss in the glovebox thank you very much. Does that count as a mod? What if I attach it to the visor?

Why would you get 18 " rims if you can use the oem 15"?
Why do you install hella hid look alike if the stock headlight lights up the road?
Why do you tint your taillights?
Why do you get a custom bumper or grille?

If you dont know the exactly answer but you still do it no matter if it is "worth it or not"

Than you are :b5: er :thumbup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Are we REALLY comparing 18" rims + brighter headlights (which add function to the car) with a freakin' flashlight? :crazy:

I got a free mini-maglite from Oracle a few months ago. Fits fine in the glove box. :thumbup:

-Craig

1.8Tabamoura said:
Why would you get 18 " rims if you can use the oem 15"?
Why do you install hella hid look alike if the stock headlight lights up the road?
Why do you tint your taillights?
Why do you get a custom bumper or grille?

If you dont know the exactly answer but you still do it no matter if it is "worth it or not"

Than you are :b5: er :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
hey, i know that i could get a cheaper bigger flashlight, but its awesome, its bright, it doesn't take up any room cause i dont smoke or ever plan on it, and if you want an led flashlight, or a rechargable flashligh you will pay around 30-40 anyway, so y not get this. that was my reasoning, i know its kinda a waste of money, but for me its worth it cause its awesome

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got this...
Maglite 6 D Cell Flashlight
That there looks like an "ass whoopin' tool" :suspicio:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts