Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out this site for a couple of months and have really learned alot about my 04 1.8T. I now do my own oil changes:lol:
Talked to my service guy at the dealership yesterday. He says change TB no later than 90K is what he is telling his customers. I'm at 69K and I guess he'll get the car next week. Says it will be $1,000 with my coupon , plus he'll throw in a car to drive to work. maybe a b6 who knows
Anyway I really enjoy the site

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW $1000.00:crazy: THAT SEEMS HIGH TO ME BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF OTHER GUYS ON HERE THAT WOULD KNOW BETTER THEN I DO. I KNOW THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1.8 PASSAT(MOTOR INLINE) AND A 1.8 JETTA (MOTOR SITS SIDEWAYS)BUT... MY WIFE HAD TO TAKE HER 01 1.8 JETTA TO THE DEALER TO DO THE TIMING CHAIN WHILE I WAS WORKING OUT OF TOWN. IT COST US AROUND $450.00......SAME MOTOR DIFFERENT SET UP. I KNOW ON MY V6 PASSAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE WHOLE FRONT CLIP OFF THE CAR. MABEE YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING ON THE 1.8 PASSAT. THE DEALERSHIP WANTED 1K TO REPLACE THE TB ON MY B5 V6.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ....PEACE FRANK

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
1000/w rental seems a tad high, what all are they doing. Should have all the following and maybe more, TB, tensioner,rollers,,Tstat, Waterpump, all need accessory belts, cam seals.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We talked about tensioner & roller and waterpump, but I need to ask about the accessory belts and cam seals..
Thanks!!

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
You could save a couple of hundred by taking it to an independant garage that knows Passats. I could save you $500, but it is a bit far.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car at the dealer today.
They also found that the oil is leaking into the coolant at the piece where the oil filter attaches??
Another $400..

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
yes, the oil cooler leak is a somewhat common occurance. i'd upgrade to the v6/s4/r32 one, as the cost isn't much more, but the dealer might not do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts