Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, let me clear up my request. looking for information on the thin wood trim pieces that bisect the dash and the doors, like the chrome trim in the W8 cars.

Has anyone bought and installed the wood interior trim pieces (like in the W8's) for the dash and doors? Opinions on installation, fit and finish would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon, surely someone has completed this mod... :???:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I have the JT Italian Walnut. The fit and finish is excellent and instructions are spot on, HOWEVER, one thing that I'm still ambivalent about, is the "thickness". I guess with the great UV gloss finish and real wood, comes a 1/16" thickness that makes it stand out more than most people like. It just makes it look "stuck on" rather than integrated. It's all about the thickness. If you want, I can take a picture of it with a dime just for comparison.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Forget about stick-ons, lots of stories with it pealing in the hot sun. OEMs are just way too expensive. I would definitely recommend the plastick OEM replacement that HKB5variant has in the groupbuy. You'll can't tell that it's plastic until you really look close but it's waaayyy better than stickons

·
Registered
42 Posts
Curry said:
I had the stick-on's.. didn't like it stuck out and looked cheezy! get oem parts!
my .02 -Ryan :)
Had the same experience as Curry with the stick ons. And the wood veneer did not form well to the curved surface around the vents and eventually came unglued. :mad: I'll probably do a mod to my mod and get the plastic ones on the group buy...

·
Registered
752 Posts
What is the one they're talking about in the group buy!? I cant find anything in that thread that indicates a photo of what the kit looks like installed or what the name of the manufacturer is... :???: :???: :???:

I'd love wood trim OE style and fit in my ride too...I hate the stuck on options and would love to get the kit to go in the dash for real.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the Joshua tree trim for three trouble free years. It is so much more attractive then the OEM that I've seen and that's why I purchased it. If you take your time in applying, nothing can make it come lose, no matter how hot it gets in your car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GonnaBe1 said:
Has anyone bought and installed the wood interior trim pieces (like in the W8's) for the dash and doors? Opinions on installation, fit and finish would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer on this. I have the factory wood trim already in the car (GLX). The trim that I am referring to here are the pieces that fit in the grooves of the doors and the dashboard, like the chrome trim that is in the W8 cars.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am interested in the group buy wood kit from Hong Kong that I cant seem to find an answer to. Does anyone know how I get ahold of it? And, does anyone have any pics of it installed...I have read that it's based on the same molds as the OE one...does anyone have that??? :???:

Paul, Your center console wont fit mine or I would be driving north and buying yours.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
GonnaBe1 said:
GonnaBe1 said:

Thanks,
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer on this. I have the factory wood trim already in the car (GLX). The trim that I am referring to here are the pieces that fit in the grooves of the doors and the dashboard, like the chrome trim that is in the W8 cars.
i'm also looking for something like that. i had that on my old car, and really liked it. something like this would be nice:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing