Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a set of JOm headlights. They are great expect I dont know what size bulb fits for the driving/fog light. Its something small but I have no clue. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for the size of the small bulb that is located right below the high beams. You would have to have the headlights to know what i am talking about.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i know what your talking about... iv seen the pics, no clue what that other hole is for though. but im sure ill be wonderin about it tomarrow when my JOM headlights get here.

the box didnt have instructions or anything with it explaining it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Instructions said nothing. Dont really feel like taking them out again to check the size. Hopefully someone will know what size they are.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is that the city light or the fog light? If city light, will that work with Position 1 of the euro switch? or does it need extra wiring? I have a 99 B5. Vipernoved, ignore my last PM.. the picture above answered my question.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
not sure what it does yet. not sure when ill get around to installing these. PM'd you back before i saw this post, somemore info in the PM

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just finished install. wasn't too hard for my first time..took about 1 hour tops!
The small bulb is the city light but mine are not wired. I'll have to snag some power from the parking/corner lights...will do that some other time.
I have a euroswitch and those dont light up in any position whatsoever (for now anyway!)

Here's a comparison with the old yellow stock OEM lights!

And here's both of them on. I have Vision Plus's on the low beam and some new Philips Crystal Vision bulbs that I got from a local parts store on the high beams.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got the city lights to work. Tapped juice from corners! Looks good! Pix to come soon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
We've been lucky actually with a warm winter so far..it was about 55 F today.

Here are the city lights installed!

Picture is deceiving...they don't really look that bright.

I wanted them to come on with the corner lights so I tapped it from there.

First choice was to make them come on with fog switch but as I have a early 99 b5, the fogs dont come on with the first position of the euro switch (one pull). I wanted the city lights to come on with the corners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone know how high the headlights should be aimed? Certain distance the car should be from what they are shining at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the look of these lights but want to know, honestly, do they make enough of a difference to say night lightly is improved? How much better?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts