Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
it certainly helps, Ron, if you take the time to provide links in the first place. two different Sheehans, eh?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Asked whether Dutch leaders had told him that the Dutch military's performance was linked to its gay soldiers, he said, "Yes. ... They included that as part of the problem."
First they screw up marriages, and now the military. Is their no end to thier reign of terror?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it certainly helps, Ron, if you take the time to provide links in the first place. two different Sheehans, eh?

Forgive me, Father for I have sinned..... Is your hand on my ass part of the penance ?!?!? :lol:

I blame Canada and Jacques... ;)

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Let's try this. If anyone thinks Sheehan has an ounce of brains or isn't a dimwitted asshat with terribly misguided motivations, let them post up in the next 48 hours. Otherwise, maybe the thread can be locked or deleted. The topic may be controversial or open to debate, there should be little doubt about Sheehan and statements though.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the second thread I've posted about a gay issue and the second thread that you suggest is a BH billboard and/or should be ignored or locked. If you have a problem with gay issues, don't post in them. Yes he is an asshat.. AT least some people think so. So if there's a consensus on his behavior, mods lock the thread to make him happy......

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Sheehan rose to a position of great influence and power within the military. Therefore, he certainly deserves to be heard on military issues. If he says gays in the military pose a threat to its effectiveness and ability to function, perhaps we need to examine that position more closely.

There. THAT should keep this thread open, 'cause we wouldn't want any threads started here that might not foment an acceptable level of controversy and debate. :crazy::rolleye:

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
This is the second thread I've posted about a gay issue and the second thread that you suggest is a BH billboard and/or should be ignored or locked. If you have a problem with gay issues, don't post in them. Yes he is an asshat.. AT least some people think so. So if there's a consensus on his behavior, mods lock the thread to make him happy......
It's a case of "I have no argument against what you posted therefore it does not belong in the BH." Could a mod update the BH's rules please?

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sheehan rose to a position of great influence and power within the military. Therefore, he certainly deserves to be heard on military issues. If he says gays in the military pose a threat to its effectiveness and ability to function, perhaps we need to examine that position more closely.

There. THAT should keep this thread open, 'cause we wouldn't want any threads started here that might not foment an acceptable level of controversy and debate. :crazy::rolleye:

Bill Clinton and Larry Craig rose to positions of power as well but I wouldn't take relationship advice from either..I know, not their fields of expertise.. :poke: ;)

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
It's a case of "I have no argument against what you posted therefore it does not belong in the BH." Could a mod update the BH's rules please?
It's not that I don't have an argument against what's posted, it'd that even by BH standards, NOBODY'S going to argue with it. Besides a schill possibly.:D Combined with the fact that recently it seems many members want to construct BH threads to be very narrowly focused that debate is nearly illogical. Like if the thread's about some conservative making foolish comments on a topic, a post about a liberal making similarly foolish comments on the same topic, different direction, are considered off topic. So to me, this is a news story about an ass that used to be an important guy in the military. Like many threads in OT that are about important people doing and saying stupid things. The underlying topic is a whole different matter. So if the mods want to change BH rules to include "things about people doing or saying things that are just plain dumb, offensive or criminal that 99.5% of the Bh will agree are just plain dumb, offensive or criminal" then fine. Otherwise, I'll remain of the opinion that these type of billboards aren't needed. No problem with the underlying issue(s) being debated ad nauseum.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Sometimes, posting a comment by an asshat is a kickoff to discussing the underlying issue. For instance, while Sheehan is stupid, there may be someone on here that thinks gays should not be allowed to serve openly, and that the idea should be argued.

Or perhaps it's just sad that someone rose to such a rank within our military and still has 19th century ideas, and since he's so-recently retired from the military, we need to be concerned about the mindset of the rest of the brass, which can't speak it's mind the way Sheehan is free to.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Sometimes, posting a comment by an asshat is a kickoff to discussing the underlying issue. For instance, while Sheehan is stupid, there may be someone on here that thinks gays should not be allowed to serve openly, and that the idea should be argued.

Or perhaps it's just sad that someone rose to such a rank within our military and still has 19th century ideas, and since he's so-recently retired from the military, we need to be concerned about the mindset of the rest of the brass, which can't speak it's mind the way Sheehan is free to.
Completely understand, if an opinion on the serious underlying topic was expressed in original post, by all means. Otherwise it's throwing a match on kindling and running away. Likewise for the second point. Put some meat on the bone and discuss, otherwise it's wild speculation.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OPINION - John Sheehan is a DOUCHE BAG.
SPECULATION - His views, opinions and method of supporting his opinions - BASICALLY LYING - creates speculation on my part is that he IS a DOUCHE BAG with archaic thoughts and views. And if you have to LIE to support them, you opinion seems more like an agenda.

I didn't post then run and hide. I am guilty, however, of:
1 - Not realizing there is another "prominent" John Sheehan
2 - Trying to be subtle in my post. This being the BH, my assumption was that most people that post here are generally up on current events and would have had the wherewithal to realize just which JH I was referring to. From now on, I will be less subtle and more direct... I'll start off any further posting with the "meat on the bones" right from the start and throw subtlety out the window...

To further side with Harvey, there ARE certainly people on this forum that are being silent but have expressed the views in past threads that I, Sharky, and other still-in-the-closet members (they DO exist, trust me) don't belong, on this forum or anywhere within the borders of the United States.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
So, the topic has been successfully diverted from gays in in the military and those like John Sheehan who don't think they belong there, to whether this topic can be posted in the BH.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
So, the topic has been successfully diverted from gays in in the military and those like John Sheehan who don't think they belong there, to whether this topic can be posted in the BH.
The topic, as stated...

John Sheehan....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.. is a douche bag.

That's all I wanted to say.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
To further side with Harvey, there ARE certainly people on this forum that are being silent but have expressed the views in past threads that I, Sharky, and other still-in-the-closet members (they DO exist, trust me) don't belong, on this forum or anywhere within the borders of the United States.
Good luck trying to debate "people on this forum that are being silent". Maybe that's what it's all about.

John Sheehan, the former U.S. general, is a douche bag.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts