Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
how about some sort of link, Pete, for those of us who can't read your mind? ;)

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
it's Silver State Bank, he was on the BoD for 5 months, and he resigned so as not to draw any undue attention to it as a troubled bank during his father's White House run.

there's not really any news there, Pete...???

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI:

The bank has failed already -- that article just shows the part where the losses, etc. and Lil'McCain, etc. You have to look for information since a lot of the media has been pulling the story.

I don't know why that could be. ;)

IMHO:
If lil'Palin was older, the two of them would be good together. :D

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's Silver State Bank, he was on the BoD for 5 months, and he resigned so as not to draw any undue attention to it as a troubled bank during his father's White House run.

I'd love to debate this with you... PM sent.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually. I thought of a good way to do this without offending anyone.

Would you rather have his son had been sitting on a board for a bank that HAS GONE UNDER or one that was STILL in business and had sound lending practices?

???

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to know the compensation he received before passing judgement. i.e. was it a cash grab?
Agreed. There are lots of details I'd like to know. Was there lending to McCain's wife's daddy... and other connections that I would love to know more about.

A lot can happen in the time he was there.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Opps. Sorry, looks like he was involved longer:

"He had served since 2006 on the board of Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Choice Bank, which Silver State acquired this spring."

Almost missed that... I can understand how Jay did. ;)

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Unless McCain senior used his position to influence anything at the bank what his adult son does on his own is his son's business.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless McCain senior used his position to influence anything at the bank what his adult son does on his own is his son's business.
I guess... "The apple doesn't fall from the tree" -- is IMHO.

If you instill values and morals in your children and live by same, chance are the proof is in the pudding, eh? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts