Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#1. $1.7 million for pig odor research in Iowa
#2. $2 million “for the promotion of astronomy” in Hawaii - because nothing says new jobs for average Americans like investing in astronomy
#3. $332,000 for the design and construction of a school sidewalk in Franklin, Texas - not enough $ for schools in the stimulus?
#4. $2.1 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in New York - quick peel me a grape.
#5. $650,000 for beaver management in North Carolina and Mississippi
#6. $1 million for mormon cricket control in Utah - is that the species of cricket or a game played by the brits?
#7. $300,000 for the Montana World Trade Center - enough said
#8. $200,000 “tattoo removal violence outreach program to could help gang members or others shed visible signs of their past” REALLY?
#9. $475,000 to build a parking garage in Provo City, Utah
#10. $1.7M “for a honey bee factory” in Weslaco, TX”

Wow. This is all small potatoes. I thought you could do better John.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
#1. $1.7 million for pig odor research in Iowa
#2. $2 million “for the promotion of astronomy” in Hawaii - because nothing says new jobs for average Americans like investing in astronomy
#3. $332,000 for the design and construction of a school sidewalk in Franklin, Texas - not enough $ for schools in the stimulus?
#4. $2.1 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in New York - quick peel me a grape.
#5. $650,000 for beaver management in North Carolina and Mississippi
#6. $1 million for mormon cricket control in Utah - is that the species of cricket or a game played by the brits?
#7. $300,000 for the Montana World Trade Center - enough said
#8. $200,000 “tattoo removal violence outreach program to could help gang members or others shed visible signs of their past” REALLY?
#9. $475,000 to build a parking garage in Provo City, Utah
#10. $1.7M “for a honey bee factory” in Weslaco, TX”

Wow. This is all small potatoes. I thought you could do better John.
If you are going to cut and paste, you should at least provide the source.:hmmm:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Beyond weak. Why is this McCain's pork? #1 as an example, Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, inserted the earmark.

And last I checked, Obama is president. He reminds us of that and how he won the election, remember?

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
I like to have the link because when I post it elsewhere, I post the link too.

Yeah, I can Google it, but your college teachers could've looked all your term paper references up too. Instead they made you footnote.

Part of my desire for a link is to make sure it didn't come out of some bullshit email.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, ST you win. Here is your link.

Now all you have to do is type: "John McCain Pork twitter". :poke:

If you are an advanced computer user, which I doubt, you could just copy the above.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Beyond weak. Why is this McCain's pork?
Pretty sure this is his list of pork he objects to, not the list of pork he wants. Hard to tell w/o a link though.

Edit: ah, there's a link now.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Arj, yes, that's right. Tom's post is not clear enough. I guess Tom feels that these items are not big enough to mention.
Without expressing a clear opinion in his post it was tough to figure out. Maybe the list was so long, McCain chose to highlight some of the examples that would raise awareness most effectively. Small potatoes, but that should make them easy to remove. Still don't like to have small potatoes rammed in our nation's ass.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Cite Cite Cite.

Cite Cite Cite.

Waaaahhhhh Waaaaaaahhhh cite. Mommy, daddy, he won't cite.

UGH! People are still sore that McCain lost. Get over it -- he lost.

The sad part, Obama -- not much better.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts