Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow great link to the Russert interview...thanks man! :thumbup:

This shows Kerry to be thoughtful, contrite about things he's said in his younger days, and insightful as to how his views have matured and his policies have developed.

He handled himself very admirably.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm surprised that Russert said that "In order to deal with those kinds of issues, when I asked President Bush about his service in the Texas Guard, he agreed to release all his military records, health records, everything." without mentioning the fact that Bush didn't actually release all his military records. No Officer Effectiveness Report for his last year, no pay stubs, incomplete military medical records, no disciplinary records.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
jhct said:
No Officer Effectiveness Report for his last year, no pay stubs, incomplete military medical records, no disciplinary records.
I don't even have my pay stubs for last month!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Urlik said:
jhct said:
No Officer Effectiveness Report for his last year, no pay stubs, incomplete military medical records, no disciplinary records.
I don't even have my pay stubs for last month!
I'm sure the military still has detailed records of your pay stubs, regardless of what you did with your copies.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
VAB5 said:
91 16V Jetta said:
Spirare said:
I thought that the service records were irrelevent 91? That's what you said about Bush's...
I'm not asking if they are relevent.

So, anyone have a link to his military records? John Kerry said they had already been made public.
Good grief, dude. FOIA it yourself. http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/foi/
So, I take it then that your answer to his question is "no"? :p :poke: :wink:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
"Public" is bigger than, and not necessarily synonymous with, the Web. Believe it or not. :D

And no, I haven't seen them.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
91 16V Jetta said:
Spirare said:
I thought that the service records were irrelevent 91? That's what you said about Bush's...
I'm not asking if they are relevent.

So, anyone have a link to his military records? John Kerry said they had already been made public.
If they ARE irrelevent why are you asking? No I don't have a link to them because you convinced me that a persons military service record should have no bearing on that persons qualification or not to hold a civil position in our government. Your double standard is patronizing.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Not sure what you guys are so suspicious about. Kerry VOLUNTEERED to join up and fight in Vietnam alongside the drafted guys.

What did Bush do? :roll:

This is one area in particular where pro-Bushers have not a TOE to stand on! :lol:

·
Registered
902 Posts
91 16V Jetta said:
I'm sure if they "were" available, the news sites would have access to them. Would have scanned them in, etc. I guess this is just like the "foreign leaders" that Kerry spoke with about getting rid of President Bush.

What a friggen POS liar.
The news sites probably have it....the problem is that there is no story there Jetta. Who wants to hear about some guy getting a bunch of medals for serving his country, right?

But, I'm sure Hannity will have it soon enough for you.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-04-12-kerry-vietnam_x.htm

Kerry full of himself:
" "John was a master at looking out for John," says Larry Thurlow, a fellow boat commander. "John has never been bashful about saying, 'Man, I'm a war hero.' " "

Kerry responsible for killing of an innocent child:
"Still, innocents were sometimes killed. One pitch-black night, Kerry's PCF-94 stopped a Vietnamese sampan boat after curfew in a free-fire zone. Kerry told his gunner to fire a warning round, but in the ensuing confusion the entire crew began shooting. Moments later, they learned to their horror that they had killed a small child, the limp body already covered by the child's mother. Although they had done nothing technically wrong, Kerry refused to uncover the body for fear, he later wrote, that the face would haunt him forever."

Kerry shoots guerrilla in the back:
"Kerry jumped onto the bank and chased him. The guerrilla fell when his leg was grazed by fire, but quickly got up and ran down a path. He was about to duck out of sight behind a hut when Kerry "dispatched him" with his M-16, says radio operator Michael Medeiros, who followed close behind."

Kerry awarded Purple Heart for a scratch and splinter:
"Grant Hibbard, the division commander, says he initially rejected Kerry's first Purple Heart because he only had a "little scratch" on his arm and a "squiggly" one-eighth-inch shrapnel shard in his left hand."

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-04-12-kerry-vietnam_x.htm

Kerry full of himself:
" "John was a master at looking out for John," says Larry Thurlow, a fellow boat commander. "John has never been bashful about saying, 'Man, I'm a war hero.' " "

Kerry responsible for killing of an innocent child:
"Still, innocents were sometimes killed. One pitch-black night, Kerry's PCF-94 stopped a Vietnamese sampan boat after curfew in a free-fire zone. Kerry told his gunner to fire a warning round, but in the ensuing confusion the entire crew began shooting. Moments later, they learned to their horror that they had killed a small child, the limp body already covered by the child's mother. Although they had done nothing technically wrong, Kerry refused to uncover the body for fear, he later wrote, that the face would haunt him forever."

Kerry shoots guerrilla in the back:
"Kerry jumped onto the bank and chased him. The guerrilla fell when his leg was grazed by fire, but quickly got up and ran down a path. He was about to duck out of sight behind a hut when Kerry "dispatched him" with his M-16, says radio operator Michael Medeiros, who followed close behind."

Kerry awarded Purple Heart for a scratch and splinter:
"Grant Hibbard, the division commander, says he initially rejected Kerry's first Purple Heart because he only had a "little scratch" on his arm and a "squiggly" one-eighth-inch shrapnel shard in his left hand."
Those are cheap shots, 'Poke. No reason to be critical of a guy who displayed confidence, courage, and aggression in a war situation. Sounds like he was a leader.

Also, the death of the child was an unfortunate accident. The story clearly says he ordered a warning shot.

As for shooting the guerrilla, I see nothing wrong with that at all. The guy was an armed enemy looking to kill Kerry and his crew. It's a war.

And, you can't deny he got wounded in combat. That's what the Purple Heart if awarded for.

Overall, it sounds like a few petty jealousies/rivalvries have been revived since Kerry entered the Presidential race. You have a few former comrades bad mouthing him, but far more praising him. Wow, people being people. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts