Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
upshot said:
Republicans are not very good at humor...
You're right. The Clinton administration gave Americans more to laugh at! :lol:
and bush gives us a lot to CRY about ;( ;(

"when clinton lied, americans sighed.
when bush lied, americans died."

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
linux-works said:
Johnny B5.5 said:
upshot said:
Republicans are not very good at humor...
You're right. The Clinton administration gave Americans more to laugh at! :lol:
and bush gives us a lot to CRY about ;( ;(

"when clinton lied, americans sighed.
when bush lied, americans died."
Oh gawd, here we go again... :crazy:

And Clinton had 8 years to do something about Osama. Instead, we had one of the weakest militaries in US history under Clinton. :thumbdow:

North Korea loved us under Clinton...that should tell you something!

PS. BOTH candidates have their faults and aren't perfect. I don't sit back and think that everything Bush does is right, nor do I agree with him 100% of the time. AND, I liked Clinton, he's probably a great guy to party with, but he did let our guard down.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
And Clinton had 8 years to do something about Osama. Instead, we had one of the weakest militaries in US history under Clinton. :thumbdow:

PS. BOTH candidates have their faults and aren't perfect. I don't sit back and think that everything Bush does is right, nor do I agree with him 100% of the time. AND, I liked Clinton, he's probably a great guy to party with, but he did let our guard down.
you can argue that clinton 'slept' (heh) during his office and didn't directly address saddam.

in fact, its often a good thing NOT to poke a stick in a hornets nest. often it results in the hornets minding their own business and us minding ours.

during clinton, saddam was also not a threat to us. so I think clinton did the appropriate thing. NOT TO START AN UNNECESSARY WAR!

to you, inaction was bad. to me, inaction was far better than INCORRECT action.

its all in how you look at it, I guess.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
linux-works said:
Johnny B5.5 said:

you can argue that clinton 'slept' (heh) during his office and didn't directly address saddam.

in fact, its often a good thing NOT to poke a stick in a hornets nest. often it results in the hornets minding their own business and us minding ours.

during clinton, saddam was also not a threat to us. so I think clinton did the appropriate thing. NOT TO START AN UNNECESSARY WAR!

to you, inaction was bad. to me, inaction was far better than INCORRECT action.

its all in how you look at it, I guess.
You're right. It is about perception.

Hell, politics are about perception. Do we really know the candidates? Or do we vote for or against them based on the perception they project?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts