Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi John,

I took your photo (http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/...Issues/?action=view&current=03-16-2008015.jpg) to an Audi dealer.

They pulled up a parts diagram for a 2003 A6 window regulator which shows "item 6" (green plastic part, bolt and nut), but they came up with "part number unknown". I sent a copy to a second Audi dealer and got the same story (i.e. you have to buy the entire regulator to get it).

You don't by chance have the Audi part# handy, do you?

Did you get yours from an aftermarket source? Was it a long time ago and Audi has subsequently discontinued selling these little pieces?

Thanks in advance.

DOC

8,184 Posts
No, it's a green plastic part. The link is working now so you can see it.

Thanks,

DOC
Yes the reg window clip...they canceled it and made an upgrade that is now Pink. The older ones used to be Green in color, but the pinks ones have metal to reinforce and doesn't leave that 1/2 gap of window hanging out the door either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The pink clips I bought from Audi did not look anything like the green plastic part. They were more flat and rectangular than that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The part I am talking about is a guide for the cable, not the window clip that is now pink and previously was orange, not green.

DOC

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,880 Posts
why not measure the enclosure and make a hollow toube from wood? Also make sure to look in the bottom part of the door for the little dowel. When Andy and I did the window regulators on our cars, mine was easy to find, but his was hidden way in the bottom of the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts