Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Well, since I KNOW we have a lot of geeks here on clubb5 (including me), I wanted to let you guys know that we have a job opening at my company. We are having a hard time finding anyone even slightly qualified. If you are familiar with Linux/Unix and internet security topics such and virues, vulnerabilities, how email and other internet services work, basic TCP/IP, etc... keep reading. This is an evening shift, which would be perfect for students or those who want to have days free.

The job is offered in both Atlanta, GA and Pasadena, CA. We really want someone over here in CA. Please let me know if you are interested. Email me and fill out the online application.

The job is:
Company: EarthLink Inc.
Title: Network Abuse Engineer (Internet Abuse Investigator)
Shift: Tues - Sat , 3 pm to midnight
Pay: not sure exactly but I think its about $37k/yr

https://earthlink.recruitmax.com/ENG/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=1999&szCandidateID=0&szReturnToSearch=1

Thanks,
Kevin (vwjedi)
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OCTICK, sorry... not that I know of

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
telecommute possible? (since its unix, it can be done just as well remotely as locally)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
$37k/yr

uhm, is it just me, or does this sound UNLIVABLE for a calif. wage?

that MUST be a part-time figure, right?

makes me wonder what kind of talent you'll get for poverty-level wages (again, for calif, it sure is).

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
$37k whoa, new grads make that around here. For the experience you want in this area you are talking $65-70 min.

Thanks for posting though, always good to help other on the board out.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Guyute said:
$37k whoa, new grads make that around here. For the experience you want in this area you are talking $65-70 min.

and really, if you want someone who KNOWS unix and security, its more like over $100k. in calif.

software jobs are starting at about $80k or so.

for 37, you get 1 arm, a half a leg and some middle parts (maybe) ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, you dont need to know unix or network security.. I am trying to get that job now and get out of here. This position being offered is an entry level job for someone starting out with information security and policy,etc. It would be dealing with a lot of windows security issues for customers (big surprise there) and you would need to use linux/unix to do the daily job.

Yeah, you could work from home.. but it's not going to happen. I tried that already :)

Kevin

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guyute said:

Well, this is pretty basic experience we are asking for... its sad that we can't find it. This isn't a job that requires a degree, so 37k is reasonable for a starting salary. Trust me, this job isn't worth 60k+ salary. It's not worth what they are paying me now..sshhh don't tell anyone. I am trying to get a job as a Security Analyst or Network Security, which likely needs to me have my CISSP, CCNA,etc and a degree... I am almost there :)

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
vwjedi
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing