Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
the Type R. the Type R will handle more power, as well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Type R will handle more power, but if you are using a smaller power amp then the W0 will be better. You want to "match" the wattage from the amp to the wattage of the sub (RMS wattage).

I have always use JL Audio subs, and I perfer the lower number series (W0, W1) because of the music I listen to, I feel that they offer more versitility. Not totally awesome for Techmaster PEB at HIGH volume, but responsive enough for a fast bass guiter.

I think it depends on what you want the sub for... when I was in high school I wanted loud bass to shake the shit out of the car, have everything rattle and could care less how the music sounded.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Which is better?
Really hard to say since we have no idea what you're wanting out of either speaker.

You can't say either is "better" because that isn't true, since we all hear different things and we all prefer different things there is no true "best" anything, only what works best for YOU.

With that said, how much power are you going to have available? Do you want it loud or subtle? How much space are you willing to give up?

Before you can really get an honest answer you need to let us know the answer to those questions.

Jay, you should be ashamed for answering so quickly :whistle:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Why? He stated a fact, not an opinion. The Type R is better in every category.

Ok then, since it is a fact, you have hard evidence to back up this statement?

I'd love to see it, but my guess is you don't and you also stated your opinion.

I personally don't like either driver, but unless you have something to back up your statement, they're just opinions and nothing more.

·
27,881 Posts
Jay, you should be ashamed for answering so quickly :whistle:
I've had both speakers. I like the R better. That is not to say that the R is great - it leaves a lot to be desired.

I also took into account the OP's age... :poke:

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
The JL w0 is the lowest of the jl sub line.
&
The Alpine Type R is the highest of the Alpines line.

3 series BMW or S class Benz you deiced

·
27,881 Posts
The JL w0 is the lowest of the jl sub line.
&
The Alpine Type R is the highest of the Alpines line.

3 series BMW or S class Benz you deiced
the R is not quite - there is an Alpine X...

·
Registered
104 Posts
But to follow your analogy through, not everyone wants or needs a Maybach. If you want a driver's car that is engaging to be behind the wheel of, the 3 Series would be a much better choice than a 59 or 62.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not saying which is better ive never had the alpine line but I'm using the 2 jl audio w0 an to me it does what I want an there hooked up to an precision power 800 watt amp am they slam id rather get the same subs but in 10s not 12s

1 - 20 of 21 Posts