Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a member here for 8+ years now. So, anyway, here it is (current mileage 168K on 11/1/2009):

1999 Black Magic Passat GLS
1.8T, 5 Spd
SRS Front Bumper
RS4 Side mouldings
Zender 3 piece rear spoiler
Charactre rear valence
Painted side skirts by Wetworks Garage
Neuspeed "P" Chip
Dieselgeek Short Shifter
Double DIN conversion w/VDO Gauges (Boost, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure)
K&N Filter
Optima Red Top Battery
Custom catback exhaust w/22" glasspack resonator
034 Motorsports VR6 Throttlebody conversion
18x2.5x9 Black FMIC (painted black with Eastwood Radiator Paint) w/ VHT Marine Exhaust Tubing
TT Diverter Valve (relocated to cold side of FMIC using custom 2.5" ID T fitting)
ECS lightweight crank pulley
Greedspeed snub mount
034 Motorsports steet density motor mounts
H&R Sport Springs
KYB GR2 Shocks
Passat_B5 Strut Tower Brace
Passat_B5 Sub Frame Brace

Removed stock front sway bar
Zimmerman X-Drilled rotors
Porterfield R4S Carbon Fiber-Kevlar Brake pads
18" RS6 Replica Rims w/ VW logo caps
Kumho Ecsta AST Tires 225 40 R18
H&R 15mm spacers (rear)
Phatbox
Alientech Window Controller
McCullough 6000k HIDs
FK Angel Eyes, Black - LEDs in angel eyes
FK Black Corners

Crystal Clear Sidemarkers
Amber Lens removed from rear turn signals
ClubB5 etched-glass reverse sticker both rear windows (looks cool with the tint!)
Mk-V Wing Mirrors with smoked integrated turn signals

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I was actually in SLO this past weekend wine tasting. I'll try to check out a meet sometime!

·
Registered
100 Posts
clean car !! :thumbup:

i always want to get the same upper strut bar like u, do u know anyone sellin em ? :(

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks, folks! You can get a Strut Tower Brace from PureMS, Sonu's wife had a kid so he's diverting more of his time into that I hear, but you may want to contact him anyway, he makes a great Strut Bar! I love the way the SRS bumper looks, and I like better that nobody else seems to have one!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Wow I can't believe I've never seen you cruising around, do you come up around the Menlo park/Palo alto area at all? I always wondered if that SRS bumper would look overdone but it looks good on your whip. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I don't actually spend alot of time up there, most of my time is spent between between Santana Row and Los Gatos, and occasionally SF, though I think I might have to get up to the BBC one of these days...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks!

The wheels came with plastic centercaps, I bought the VW badges on eBay from some guy in Brazil, and put those on instead of the wheel manufacturer's. I did the same thing with my old Mak Sonics, but got them used and just removed the Mak badges and put the VW ones on. I believe there's some guy in either the group buy or marketplace forum whose selling caps with badges, not sure if they are the correct diameter though - heres the url: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1767452#post1767452

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
18 Participants
wheresjim
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing